ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Lake Country pads!?!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Looking to pick up a couple CCS pads as I begin my journey into machine polishing, but am a bit baffled by the range of pads available:

Yellow - cutting
Orange - light cutting
White - polishing
Black - finishing
Blue - finessing

I'm thinking Orange and Black will cover most eventualities...?

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've been looking at them on i4detailing mate.

To be honest I was planning on going elsewhere to buy the Menzerna polishes, but as there seems to be stock problems in most places, I've resorted to Megs 80 & 83 from i4d.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think he's currently out of the 3.02 1litre... he does have 250ml kit, but it seems a bit silly to pay way over a quarter of the price for only a quarter of the product.

Megane R26
Why Lake Country? I swear by Megs pads via DA, especially the new 2.0 versions - great pads.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Just what I saw and read up on at the time really mate, seem to be rated as highly as the Megs but slightly cheaper. Might be gimmicky, but I like the fact that it 'stores' polish in the recesses so spreads more evenly.

I've gone with an Orange and Black pad.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Which LC pads, with the holes in them?? I use the orange ones. But have yellow and black also.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, they've got divots all over them...

For the Clio paint, what polish do you use with the orange pad Ali?

106 GTi
You need so little Menzerna, I would get the 250ml bottles, especially as they are always tweaking the formula, saves you being stuck with out of date stuff.

BMW E46 330i Touring
LOL... Already ordered the Megs! I've read that it's harder to break down than Menz but they'll do me alright!