ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Polish To Get??

don't
Ok, i've done a search, probably not a very good one but thought I'd post to get see if the answers may be different as the cars a bit older than your 172 182's

Its a 1999 Diablo red 306

It's due a polish

I'll be washing with megs gold class shampoo

then I used to use turtle wax but now use megs NXT wax

bottom of rear quarter panel had to be resprayed 6 months ago due to someone crashing into me if that makes a difference to what may be suggested

oh and budget, don't really want to spend over £20 on the polish

then at a later date i'm going to look into using clay (never have before)

but we'll stick to the polish question for now

Thanks

RB 182
I'd clay before the polish, you should be able to get both for not much more than £20.

Meg's Quik Clay for the clay and probably the Autoglym Super Resin Polish followed by Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

If your after swirl removal the best bet probably is Meg's ScratchX.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I used to have a diablo 306 S16 , Auto glym super resin polish always brought the paintwork up well for me , follow it by AG extra gloss protection and then some wax .

I've just waxed my 182 in direct sunlight with xxx hardcore paste wax and it was still very easy on easy off .

http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=10&pno=0&pid=547566&cat=&ack=9&search=&sought=

It'll probably cost you in the region of £25 for all three .You could skip the extra gloss protection for now if money is a bit tight .

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I personally think if it's a polish you want, Klasse All-In-One or Clearkote Vanilla Moose, especially for hand application, I don't think I have found any products that come close.
Chemical Guys also do a AIO although I haven't had chance to fully test this yet, but going off the rest of the range it should be a belter.

RB 182
Yes I've heard about the Clearkote Vanilla Moose lately being very good, especially when it's been applied by hand.

106 GTi
Best mates got a Diablo GTi 6

AG SRP
AG EGP
P21s Carnuba Wax

or

Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze
Poorboys EX-p
P21s Carnuba Wax

As for a deeper polish/swirl remover scratch x is you best bet by hand.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Yep. They usually stock most AG products , get some extra gloss protection over the top to seal it as well :)

don't
well spent £30

Clay & Detailer
AG SRP
AG EGP
AG leather care

clayed, seemed to go ok, roof was shocking

then srp and egp, then having to wait till morning now to nxt wax

Last edited:
  don't
might take some pics, however i'm near the beach and the roads are a nightmare this time of year when the weathers nice, visitors all park in my good photo spots :-(

106 GTi
Stop - lol!

No point using NXT over EGP as the cleaners in it will remove the protection the EGP gives.

106 GTi
I would skip the NXT all together.

Add another layer or two of EGP if anything. The EGP can give up to 3 months protection, no point using NXT in a weeks time and reducing that protection to a couple of weeks ( as thats about the life of NXT's durability).

If you want to put anything over EGP look into a good natural carnuba wax with no cleaners in it.

don't
first experience of claying was pretty good, no problems, didn't need to use the whole bottle of detailer, partly because the car was partly still wet in places so the water did some of the job

the roof and bonnet were the worst, followed by the boot. The roof was pretty shocking though

used some AG leather care on the seats, was ok but not overly impressed so far, will give them another go to see if its any better

then I need to look into the engine bay, manifold is a mess

106 GTi
The AG Leather care is poor, the formulation changed a few years ago and it was never the same. Used to dry oddly on my 306 seats.

don't
yea it dried oddly on mine, was all fine to start with and looked good, then hasn't dried all too well, only got it as it was buy 3 autoglym products and get £3 off, and this was the cheapest thing left to get

didn't really use much, it seemed to work well on the dash though so maybe i'll just use it on the plastics

need some autoglym engine cleaner stuff now