ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Springs for my Cup?

When I sold my GTi to buy the Cup I said I wouldn't touch the suspension, but 2 months on I'm getting that bloody itch again.

Currently have Eibach springs and Koni shocks, but I want to go lower without spending £££'s

So, I think I'll keep the Koni shocks, and replace the springs - But which ones, (spax? gmax?) and how low should I go? (40mm all round? 60mm all round? 40/60mm?)

Here's a side shot of it as it stands today:

CIMG8288.gif

This was the GTi's ride height (50mm on spax)

30052008202.jpg

I really would appreciate some guideance on what would look best for me.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
The 40mm apex's look about right but apparently they're awful in terms of handling and ride height.

If it was me, the only thing I'd look at in terms of springs would be from these guys:

http://www.dfaulknersprings.co.uk/

Custom made so you could have them made up to give you the height you wanted. If you did some research into what lb would be best they'd handle mint too :) IIRC you're be looking at just over 100 quid for a set of 4 springs.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
I have Apex springs with the koni adjustable shocks on my ph1 right now and imo i cant tell the diff' to when i had H&R coilovers....

Here is your car on 40mm Apex springs ;) LOL!

DSCF1068.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg

DSCF0880.jpg

The last two is when they were first fitted so they settled a bit more

:)

b/g 182, meg tourer
i would go for apex as an all round winner.
firm ride, not over harsh tho. and looks better than any other springs

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
the ride with apex and koni is dreadful

i swapped mine for pro lines

would look at sport lines with koni shocks