ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos got the best tuned 182 in the club

Just interested to see how far people have gone with tuning there 182s?

and what bhp is possible with the mods done (proven if poss).

Also, fastest 1/4 mile in a 182?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

i wouldve thought oldmans would be the fastest 182, but i am unsure whether he has run it yet?

Lionel Richie

loads knocking about

Oldman = 200ish

Ross = 211bhp

Yasser = 211bhp

Nev = 205bhp (needs bigger injectors)

(not 182s, but cups, same engine)

will we see any beat the benchmark 14.0 tho... thats the current benchmark set on this site, 14.1 being next best for a Cup and the Nana

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

In real terms though, does 200 brake feel any different to the stock 182? Id hazard a guess that similar increase would be more noticable in torque than bhp?

D.

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 23 May 2005

Timo did a 13.9 in his Cup. So yes. lol.
imo that doesnt really count seeing as it was on slicks, that would prolly be a 14.2/3 at best on road tyres.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 23 May 2005

Timo did a 13.9 in his Cup. So yes. lol.
imo that doesnt really count seeing as it was on slicks, that would prolly be a 14.2/3 at best on road tyres.
He did a 13.9. And thats with an interior. the nana doesnt count because it has no interior. That would be a 14.5 at best with an interior.;)

Neil172cup has done a 14.2, but with a 100.7mph terminal. Believe it or not, there are faster cars than a Williams. Your beginning to sound as bad as some of the people you condemn.:p;)

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 23 May 2005 at 1:23pm]

Lionel Richie

i didnt think there were "rules" to 1/4 mile racing??

I dont trust any times from York TBH

POD is the real proving ground

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 23 May 2005

Agreed. It doesnt matter how he did it, TimO got a 13.9.

York certainly seems to be quicker. I find it hard to believe that ALL of the fastest Clios come from up north!!

Lionel Richie

Agreed. It doesnt matter how he did it, TimO got a 13.9.

York certainly seems to be quicker. I find it hard to believe that ALL of the fastest Clios come from up north!!

its that special air they have ooooop there!!! gives the engines more power

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i would quarter mile if i could actually drive/launch my car without just sitting there spinning.

Burgandy 174 sport t

Neils is rapid though, and as far as I know it has no head work etc. just a r-sprt ecu, filter and exhaust.

loads knocking about

Oldman = 200ish

Ross = 211bhp

Yasser = 211bhp

Nev = 205bhp (needs bigger injectors)

(not 182s, but cups, same engine)

cheers... what was done to gain that performance from those? Cams? ecu? zorst? IK?

^ any of these things make much difference in performance on there own? Is a zorst and IK gonna be worth the expence?

Mainly.... what are the proven products that do work well on the 182?

The 13.9 was on slicks tho, so not road going. Id like to see it do a 13.9 on road tyres. Id like to see it even run a low 14... last thing I saw of it was being smoked by "the one in front" :sick:. Chris and Nics Cup is the fastest Mk2 to date down the strip with a 14.1

The Nana was running on a 6500 rev limiter and having to change to 5th before the line, which is well impressive and wasnt that stripped out at the time. Seats, carpet and some plastic trim...

If you read my post youll notice I dont actually mention a Williams and yes, there are faster cars... just not faster N/A Clios... least not on this site anyway ;).

Nippy white cup

I dont think timo was running his slicks when he got 13.9 but it was definately stripped...nothing around the gearstick etc. Ironically Matt and Jordy both said that the surface at the Pod was much better for launching on so surely the times should be more easily attainable there?

Chris

i did a 14.5 at pod but think it will go quicker - just started raining so never got the chance and havent been back since.

/y0z

Remapped derv Golf

I find my cousins cup is a bit quicker than mine on take off due to it having more miles on. Ive never know a car to take soo long to loosen up.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 23 May 2005
Isnt Yassers a 172 cup ?

Both Yassers and Nevs are.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

York dragstrip is actually slower than Santa Pod for times

Timo did his 13.9 on road tyres

bob geldoff payed an assasin to kill michael hutchins

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Liquidcool on 23 May 2005

cheers... what was done to gain that performance from those? Cams? ecu? zorst? IK?

^ any of these things make much difference in performance on there own? Is a zorst and IK gonna be worth the expence?

Mainly.... what are the proven products that do work well on the 182?

All of the above have Cams + inlet/exhaust matching, the higher powered ones have headwork plus bigger injectors

Plus ther usual Viper + decat + fulll exhaust

all are running SMT6 piggyback ECU

nevs car got 205bhp on YS cams + inlet/exhaust matching + SMT6

MKIII 138

whats the 0-60 on a 200-205 hp 182 given that the 182 has 179hp and the 200hp will have more torque. standard is obviously been more impressive than quoted renault figures of 7.0 at around 6.7/6.6 could you see sub 6 ?

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 23 May 2005

whats the 0-60 on a 200-205 hp 182 given that the 182 has 179hp and the 200hp will have more torque. standard is obviously been more impressive than quoted renault figures of 7.0 at around 6.7/6.6 could you see sub 6 ?
i have no idea on "performance figures"

All Yozzasport customers are aimed mainly at trackwork (so far)

same goes for GDI customers

1/4 miles are all well and good, but we concentrate more on the "drivability" of the car

BMW 120i Sport

when people talking about "matched" manifolds, what does this mean exactly and why does matching them yield more power?

better airflow because of less turbulence?

Would recomend a company which i have bought all my performance parts off called europerformance.co.uk for tuning your 182. I was proper shell shocked when i saw some of the prices on the site. My 182 has a high flow cat on it with a full stainless steel system and a viper kit and then kicks 212bhp out . put some FK Coilovers on it and it handles like its on rails!

as i said combine with full stainless steel system and it does, would you like me to post the documentation that says my car is 212 bhp on paper tested.

hahahahahahahahaha

EVO VII

CAN OF WORMS power figures are. Rolling roads are not very accurate IMO. my STANDARD 172 got 175bhp and 170 Ft bl of torque (standard is 150 ft lb) :eek: haha says it all really.

im going POD on the 18th of june, ill show you what a Mk1 172 can do lol :D

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by danjudd05 on 23 May 2005

as i said combine with full stainless steel system and it does, would you like me to post the documentation that says my car is 212 bhp on paper tested.

hahahahahahahahaha

please do, ill bet ANY amount of money thats no where near 212bhp!!!

you can get over 190 unless you start playing with the ECU

a 172 with £4K under the bonet = a genuine 212bhp (proven!)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by JayGTT on 23 May 2005

CAN OF WORMS power figures are. Rolling roads are not very accurate IMO. my STANDARD 172 got 175bhp and 170 Ft bl of torque (standard is 150 ft lb) :eek: haha says it all really.

im going POD on the 18th of june, ill show you what a Mk1 172 can do lol :D

very true, but at least the one we use is calibrated from 2 engine dynos, so quite accurate IMO

they shoud ony be used IMO for before and after tests, NOT power runs (but the figure do look cool!!!)