ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why is renault paintwork so pants ?

200 FF Storm Grey
No offence but they are still cheap motoring.

As Lee said there were things wrong with the paint on both his cars.

As much as you deserve the best at the end of the day in every walk of life the more you pay the better the all round quality will be.

Don't be too harsh on them

Lol you can't say that just because it's a cheapish car if gives justification to sell a car with a dodgy paint job (n 2bh 14k or whatever it was isn't cheap)

The longer you leave it mate the more oppurtunity they have to put the blame on you.

200 FF Storm Grey
This is why when u collect a new vehicle u should spend an hour or so checking over it and note every issue.

Collect it is daylight hours and if weather is s**t take a bright torch. You'll look and feel a plum. But you paid for the car and you'll feel less of a plum than if, you spotted defects later and moaned about them on a car forum whilst simoultaneously stating that you can't visit the dealer because your car was too low. LOL!!!

This.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol you can't say that just because it's a cheapish car if gives justification to sell a car with a dodgy paint job (n 2bh 14k or whatever it was isn't cheap)

The longer you leave it mate the more oppurtunity they have to put the blame on you.
As much as I agree with Dave about going over a car when you buy it, new or used, it doesn't get away from the fact that a 14k will never be as well made as a 24k car.

I would be gutted if I had paid a grand for a new car and it wasn't right but this guys pants were so wet he jumped in and drove away oblivious to the defects in the car,

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I saw a thread last year about crap BMW paint, so its not just the case of cheap 14k cars.

Skoda fabia Vrs
As much as I agree with Dave about going over a car when you buy it, new or used, it doesn't get away from the fact that a 14k will never be as well made as a 24k car.

I would be gutted if I had paid a grand for a new car and it wasn't right but this guys pants were so wet he jumped in and drove away oblivious to the defects in the car,

To me that doesnt make sense!! why because its cheaper makes it less of a car?

Still has to be built to the same standards as any other car!! Hardly cheap anyway my twingo came in at £13.700!!! alot of money for a twingo rs..

Got it for £10.740 3months old with 3000miles. It will never be a bmw but there like 3times as much and every car is built with problems

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What?

That didn't even make sense.

Why is it going to be built and painted to the same standard as an audi or a merc?

So it costs BMW and Renault the same to make the mini and the clio? But BMW charge more for just the badge?

I think not.

200 FF Storm Grey
What?

That didn't even make sense.

Why is it going to be built and painted to the same standard as an audi or a merc?

So it costs BMW and Renault the same to make the mini and the clio? But BMW charge more for just the badge?

I think not.

Yes..?

The only reason a mini is so much is because it's a mini, not because it's the pinacle of quality.

Modern merc's are well known for being riddled with faults, still cost an arm and a leg for the simple reason that they're a merc.

Going off your logic the likes of a renault should be much less safer than a Merc, after all it's only a fraction of the price so why should they bother, but yet Renault's are well known for their high safety scores despite being a 'cheap car'.

No excuse for selling a brand new car with poor paint work, you wouldn't accept it if you had your puma re-sprayed and rightly so.

Granted though it's the thread makers own fault for driving it out of there with it like it was.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! You honestly think you can build a mini for the same price as a clio?

Or a Mercedes for the same price as a Megane?

Are you Deluded?

200 FF Storm Grey
Lols! You honestly think you can build a mini for the same price as a clio?

Or a Mercedes for the same price as a Megane?

Are you Deluded?

Did I say you could build a merc for the same price as a Megane? No.

What I said was is going off your logic of you get what you pay far anything sub 20k should be un-safe, poorly painted peice of crap.

To which I said was rubbish as the likes of Renault are extremely safe cars and will come higher than some much more expensive cars, so you do not always get what you pay for and yes alot of value is put purely on the badge.

Not saying mercs aren't a better car than renault, of course they are, they're a quality product but that doesn't justify the lad in this thread being sold a car with a shoddy paint job and I very much doubht if you'd just handed over 15k to somebody you'd except the 'you get what you pay for' line if it started rusting the week after for example.

I barely come on here but everytime I do I see you in somebodies thread patronising them, don't know what your problem is :dapprove:

Takes the f**king piss. Im keeping this piece of s**t for another 18 months and then im getting rid, makes me sick. Going Honda FN2 next time, and am i f**k buying a new car again.

Don't think Honda paint will be any better, it's just as sh*t. Orange peel city and very thin.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
The rear bumper, lacquer is evidently thin in some places, and where the recess is for the plate, there is no lacquer what so ever at the top of it, and yes, you can see it blatantly.

Every facelift clio 3 is like this unfortunatly mate. You can cleary see where there is no paint what so ever in the top corners of the number plate recess!

Pretty pants tbh!