ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why is the clio 172 slow

320d M Sport

Its just a shame people have to kick off when we all know THEYRE JUST LOOKING FOR AN ARGUMENT. I thought thats what SSC was for?? :devilish:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 05 February 2003

Anyway point is you said they will do 140mph!!
I know...

This was just to prove that my speedo is pretty damn accurate at high speeds and remember I said that a 106 GTi will do 140mph, but it will be sat on the rev limiter!!!

A VTS is geared shorter though and will not.

mk2 172

im doint alsorts to it mate! hopefully, already spent a lot but if i dont decide i wanna start a family just yet then over time it will progress to a monster.

I hate to add more to this b****cks thread ;), but a Saxo VTS will do 140mph+, but not a standard one, and nor will it survive for very long!

If I remember rightly a certain S/C VTS with 250+ BHP hit 140 (Limiter in fifth) then blew the pistons through the bonnet! (nearly, it had to have an engine rebuild after) :eek:

So its possible, just not advisable or clever! ;)

Revels Mum & Sister

Mates 106 GTi we had about 139MPH showing on the clock. Racing a mates Cav GSi. His said 150MPH and we were side by side. Speedos at that speed are not accurate. As has been said the gearing would not allow it. When speedos get above 100-110 they drop in accuracy a fair amount.

Cant see a 106 GTi doing 140MPH PROVEN maybe showing on the clock. I have had 140MPH showing on my 16V. As did that lad in Max Power but I bet he wasnt doing 140MPH. I am sure I wasnt as well.

Just my 2 pence worth.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Well I wouldnt like to do 150mph on our roads - there are far too many potholes!! It is bad enough hitting one at 50mph far less 150!!

I often wonder if there isnt a bit of exaggeration with this speed thing with you lads! 150 is really best kept for the track.

Last year whilst down in Somerset, we witnessed a man getting killed in just a few seconds, through stupidly overtaking two cars carrying his work colleagues, on a wide bend. :sick: Thankfully a horsebox lorry pulled out of a field right in front of us, so he hit it head-on at high speed, otherwise he would have had us, as we were immediately behind it. Very scary seeing it happen and I can still picture the dead guy now - what an idiot, thankfully he was on his own and nobody else was injured.

:sick:

Exactly GR.

So much rubbish posted over 10mph, does it really matter whether a 106/Clio can do 130, 140, 150? Obviously it does to willy waving children.

Stu.