ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will camber stop my scrubbing?

K4M ph2
Basically im trying to get a better stance as im fed up of my wheels being tucked inside the arches so much, i recently bought some 15mm spacers to push them out abit more and loved the look of them on the car, the only downside is its rubbing the tyre walls (165s on 7j so a nice bit of stretch) on the lip of the arches, i know i could go down the route of arch rolling to solve my issue but i was just thinking if i cambered the rear would it stop the scrubbing without going down the arch rolling route?

Heres a crappy pic i took with my phone with the spacers on so youve got an idea what im talking about.

Chichester-20120928-00060.jpg

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
That looks awfull and dangerous.
Get the correct size tyre fitted and change spacer thickness.

K4M ph2
The pic over exagerates it due to the angle, if your stood behind the car you can only just see the silver lip on the outside of the arch, and FYI the spacers were only trialed and tested quickly until i discovered the rubbing, arch rollings tempting, would i need to camber it aswell to get the stance im after?

RS6 C7
It's perfectly legal. I ran stretched tyres for a while and never had any issues, The tread is inside the arch by a good way.

Last edited:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
yours is the car i saw in chi car park a while ago, yours looks very similiar to another guy on here but his is a 172. put camber on will reduce your tyre life. id roll the arches personally

K4M ph2
That wouldve been mine :) his is a 172 rep IIRC just with the full sport kit. Whats the deal with getting the arches rolled on these? looks as though the'yd have to chop into the bumper also to gain the full effect as where the bumper comes to a point to meet the arch it looks quite a bad catching point for the tyres.