ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will the Clio 182 end up like

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
the Pug 205 GTI 1.9 :S

There arent that many good ones left imho! low mileage - when i say low mileage i mean less than 30k - if there are there either imports or no cup packs :(

Im glad i have a 05 Plate with 17k on the clock :approve: being that i only do about 5k a year! i can see me wanting to keep this one!

1600 posts yay!! ;)

Last edited:
  2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
^^ i know i would give my right arm for a well cared for - looked after Pug 205 GTI - i can just seen the 182 going that way say in 8-10 years!...a thing of the past and all that

Where they have all been trashed or thrashed!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So you'd rather keep it mint condition and not drive it now? mines gonna hit 70k i'd rather use it as much as possible now.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Dont get all defensive guys...just i can see there not being many left in 8-10 years - well good ones anyway!

May be even 5 years!

I hear what you're saying...

but i don't want a 182 in 8-10 years time, i've got one now and i drive it with intent! :approve:

let the people in 8-10 years time worry about it mate ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
So you'd rather keep it mint condition and not drive it now? mines gonna hit 70k i'd rather use it as much as possible now.

I agree mate, my mk2 172 is now on 80k, it does around 15-20k per year.

Although when she does reach 100k mark i'm going to get Megane R26, and only only drive the 172 evenings and weekends, as i don't ever intend on selling it.

Last edited:
  2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

but i don't want a 182 in 8-10 years time, i've got one now and i drive it with intent! :approve:

Yeah i guess Fubar! but having an inferno in 5 years or more will be rather rear!! mine will only have about 40k on the clock

VaVa
And it'll still be worth peanuts.

Peugeot 205 - Iconic hatch

Williams - Iconic hatch

182 Cup - Ummmmm

The 172 Cup will be a different story though. Thats as close to the old school hatches as were ever going to see again.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah i guess Fubar! but having an inferno in 5 years or more will be rather rear!! mine will only have about 40k on the clock

Rear ;) , what the f**k is that?

Anyway, I think the 205gti is a rarer car overall. I see very, very few of them on the road. I bet the 182 will have outsold the gti by many times in the UK market, making them much easier to find i reckon.

Secondly, i think to antcipate getting a low mileage, well maintained hothatch after ten years is always a difficult task.

Thridly, this is not a fair comparision the GTI has already been out of production 13/14years so how can you compare the 182 to that? (You mentioned above 5 years and 8-10).

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Most 172 cups have plenty of miles on them now- and have seen a rough life - there arent that many good ones left that have really been cared for!

Last edited:
  2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

Rear ;) , what the f**k is that?

Anyway, I think the 205gti is a rarer car overall. I see very, very few of them on the road. I would the 182 will have outsold the gti by many times in the UK market.

Secondly, i think to antcipate getting a low mileage, well maintained hothatch after ten years is always a difficult task.
That was my point ^^

Doh rare!

VaVa
Most 172 cups have plenty of miles on them now- and have seen a rough life - there arent that many good ones left that have really been cared for!

But there were far fewer of them in the first place, like the 205's. 182's are the most common RS Clio ever.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
you say common ^^ but theres arent many inferno cups ^^ that havent at least been raged to death!

If its like this now! there will be hardly any in 5 years that was just my point :eek:

RB182cup&golf gti

well kept, low mileage, full service history and unmollested will demand the most dosh in years to come.

RB182cup&golf gti
mine's 3 years old, unmodded, as new, 12k miles and i plan on keeping it - shame it cant pass its f*cking MOT!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

well kept, low mileage, full service history and unmollested will demand the most dosh in years to come.
Agree! hence my original post...there arent that many left now!

VaVa

That's the same of any car. A 182 is just another car, whether you bought a cheap one in a s**t colour or not!!

Finding a decent vee was hard too, so many bad examples out there :dapprove:

My mate Dave has a 172 cup (he's had it from new) he loves it, it's a minter, he's always doing bits to it & cleaning it :) His would be one of those 'first to see will buy cars'

RB 200 Cup!
suppose like a lot of cars it takes a while to find a good example

i got lucky with both my clios as they were both mint

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
And it'll still be worth peanuts.

Peugeot 205 - Iconic hatch

Williams - Iconic hatch

182 Cup - Ummmmm

The 172 Cup will be a different story though. Thats as close to the old school hatches as were ever going to see again.

Too right.

When the Mk.4 Clio gets released with the same dimensions as a current Megane - and Reno will insist on squeezing a few more bhp out of the same 2.0 16v engine as the 182; we'll look back on the 172 Cup in total admiration.

Got to love the irony of the roads getting more crowded - at the same time as the cars get forever bigger. Unless you include Japasonic sh1t-boxes with some 600cc engine...

D.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I see them been more like the Saxo VTS - Good cars, got too cheap and then owned by chavs ruining the reputation and clouding over the brilliant package under neath. The problem with the 205 GTi 1.9 is that they weren't actually *that* common in the first place heh. And they were a lot easier to wrap round a tree than most things...

Dan

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
In 15 years if there is one for sale with 3k on then that is what everyone will want.It wont matter whether its a cup or ff 182