ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Suspension

Hi All,

Are any of you Willy owners running uprated shocks and if so, what make are they?

Im having a bit of a mare trying to find somebody that makes them for the Williams - most only have something for the 16v which wont fit to my knowledge due to the wider track on the Will.

Anybody got any advice or info on this one?

Cheers

Oli

Mmm I had the same trouble. In the end I got hold of some Clio Cup Suspension. I think Avo do em, Koni do em but that are really expensive for the Willy and not many people stoke em, and i think Spax may do em but again not many places stoke em. Also there is a company called Gaz who will make them to order.

Good look m8. Let me know wot you go for.

Cheers

Dazz

Cheers for that Dazz - the pains of owning a Williams!

The standard suspension is too high, Ive tried lowering springs and they just dont work with the OEM dampers....

Where did you get the cup ones from? I guess youre gonna tell me it was a strictly one-off once in a lifetime opportunity!!

Yeh the guy who i got them off only had the one set but im hot on the trail of finding out where i can get them from. The only was it droped the suspension a bit than i originally wanted (about 50-55mm in all) but now ive got used to it its wicked. The handling is secong to none as with the adjustable camber on the front legs you minimise the under aswell. If i find out where i can get some from i will let yuo know.

Dazz

Clio 197

Dazz,

I would be interested in sourcing the suspension as well. Any info? My dampers are a bit tired and a little negative camber in the front wouldnt go amiss.

Ok,

Well as soon as ive got some more info i will post it on here. A word of warning about the camber though. Dont run too much, i ran quite a bit when i first fitted the suspension and it fcuked my drvers side drive shaft. Ive adjusted it now so ive still got more than normal but nowhere near as much as before. It still handles great and doesnt give me any hassle although it makes driving in the wet a bit dicy.

Cheers

Dazz

if you want anything, these are the peeps!
Mardi gras motorsports
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.mardigras.co.uk/>Mardi Gras

They are currently helping me create the suspension for the cliosport cup in zhuhai china.
Thier CTR touring car (super production) is in HK racing with GTi enginnering who are the people im working with to create the clio RS-R package. They can do almost anything you want! but i does cost.
If you look in the lates new, you can see the CTr being raced by Paul Poon who i sold a clio 172 to 2 weeks ago.
if anybosy with a 172 that is interested in high quality 172 coiovers custom made with bilstein inserts please contact me @ Ching@iamwasted.com. I am sorting out orders for about 30 cars, is we can get more, then theyll be super goood value and highly exclusive!

They are coilovers with main and tender springs, adj platforms and adj damping rates, straight swap for old suspension and included a strut bar to keep the struts in pace, they are camber adjustable too.

custom units for the willy or 172?
172 at the mo with 10 units on order are 2k!!!!
wit 40 units it should be alot cheaper, i have pledged 30 units.
but the willy ones would be custom and cost a shed load, depending on what spec you want, they use bilstein inserts and custom bodys......you also get camber adj, all damping adj, adj platforms, main and tender springs, strut bar to suit...etc etc
buti guess you could ask for a basic non adj unit...