ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Vs Redtop corsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
  VaVa
tbcorsa said:
I have owned both a 1.8 16v clio and a 2 litre corsa. I prefer the sturdiness of the corsa but I think that the williams WILL outhandle the corsa and is a much better car overall. (even though its a flimsy french tin box).

LOL - I forgot Corsa's were the epitome of build quality and reliability! ;)

tbcorsa said:
..and most importantly, the driver. Im not ashamed to say that I was given quite a bit of trouble by a mildly modded 1.6 8v nova the other night, the driver was so good, knew the limits of his car and showed that wether you have 120bhp or 180bhp, if you know the limits of the car (from track practise) you can show up lots of more powerfull and supposidly better cars.

That's the bottom line, in a lot of cases. I had trouble holding on to a well driven 1.6 Fiesta.... he basically had bigger balls than I did... or so I thought until I pulled up along side it at a 'T' junction and there was a teenage girl at the wheel. :eek:

Clio 172 mk2
TheJesus said:
by the time you have bought a Corsa, uprated the suspension, brakes, and transpanted the engine you may as well have just bought a Williams, as even if they were identical on performance the Williams is the better looking more desirable car... the Corsa is dull to look at, mass produced and has the chav stigma

Yep:D

J

jamesy

after driving numerous williams and c20xe novas id bet my last tenner both being standard a williams would win in a straight line quite easily and rape the other car on the track still all these boys dropping these red tops in novas dont do it properly and buy a shitter of an engine to save money POINTLESS probably why they often dissapoint:rolleyes:

my friends XE Nova is f**king fast, its standard engine, the cars got the breaks and on coilovers, i havnt had my willy(hybrid) on the road for a few weeks so i havnt had a go at him, but from driving teh nova im sure it will pull my pants down in a straight line, the steering on it is s**t though, sloppy and unresponsive.

J

jamesy

very true xe novas handle like shite big heavy engine in fwd car not made for it on a track i think it would be quite funny to watch;) now if you had equal lengh shafts with atb diff, coilovers and small wide wheels things would be a bit different:cool:

jamesy said:
now if you had equal lengh shafts with atb diff, coilovers and small wide wheels things would be a bit different:cool:

you could have bought an Evo by the time you have spent all your money on that crap though, basically your building a new car from old bits... :S

J

jamesy

yep just suggesting improvements if i had an xe nova my first mod would be limo tints so no one can see me driving itLOL id have an evo over some modded up tart mobile anyday gotta have the real deal not a wannabee;)

Clio 172 mk2
TheJesus said:
you could have bought an Evo by the time you have spent all your money on that crap though, basically your building a new car from old bits... :S

Good point

williams and trophy
lol.end of the day. most of these conversions are done to make a seemingly ordinary hatch a bit of an animal. cant fault that. iv surprised many supposed faster cars on road and track. dont consider myself to be any more than an average driver, and thats wot these cars are about imo. upsettin faster supposed better machinery.

i get more of a buzz beating fast cars in a supposed old/slow/past it hatch than a new scoob/liner/evo any day of the week. jus goes to show u dont have to spend big money to have big fun.

either way there will probably never be too much in it between two light weight 2.0 litre cars with similar mods and weight, so the only thing that really stands out is the Williams vastly (and I do mean vastly!) superior handling, as no matter what you do, the chassis will always be the same in the corsa and that's why it can never ever handle as well. vauxhall have never been renowned for making cars handle though until recently I suppose though

Foz

slammed clio mk1
lol. dunno what you mean by catcher, all i know is we have a decent time with his bird.

dunno why you two plastic gangster b**ch wannabe's are getting at Martin, he simply pulled you up on being thick inbred swamp dwelling mutants for making a completely retarded statement that cams alone will give you 80bhp (dont make me quote your ghey ass either mofo). One of you then changed her mind to say that on a well run engine they will... do you actually realise how stupid that is? wild cams dont run well on a non setup engine, simple fact, not rocket science, but you cant teach common sense, you either have it or you don't.

get a clue ladies and stop making fools of yourselves. neither of you tune engines, neither of you know the first thing about cars or tuning as is evident in this thread, so for the love of jesus, mary and joseph please please please dont bother posting on this thread again, as your making anyone that reads it dumber... school may be out, but keep studying

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
TheJesus said:
dunno why you two plastic gangster b*tch wannabe's are getting at Martin, he simply pulled you up on being thick inbred swamp dwelling mutants for making a completely retarded statement that cams alone will give you 80bhp (dont make me quote your ghey ass either mofo). One of you then changed her mind to say that on a well run engine they will... do you actually realise how stupid that is? wild cams dont run well on a non setup engine, simple fact, not rocket science, but you cant teach common sense, you either have it or you don't.

get a clue ladies and stop making fools of yourselves. neither of you tune engines, neither of you know the first thing about cars or tuning as is evident in this thread, so for the love of jesus, mary and joseph please please please dont bother posting on this thread again, as your making anyone that reads it dumber... school may be out, but keep studying
Correction,we have tuned engines and we are not daft,so u keep of the net,get back to reading ur bible or f**k of back to church m8,n stop talking s**t,u must be single two!

Vectra :(
Anyone can pay someone to tune their engine and therefor "have" a tuned car, doesnt mean you have a clue about tuning engines which on the evidence here you dont

Chewy said:
VX are tat.. i mean look at the astra VXR? great 250 bhp.. 2WD.. can't handle it.

as for riding in decent cars.. hows a Focus ST grab yer? my dad has one, and i've driven it quite a bit, fantastic car.

and seeing as u don't agree with me, your comment suggests that ur the one that sits weird.

Now excuse me while i go spit on a vauxhall.

you could attempt to spit on my vauxhall.. if you can catch me

Ingram said:
Correction,we have tuned engines and we are not daft,so u keep of the net,get back to reading ur bible or f**k of back to church m8,n stop talking sh*t,u must be single two!

As Lam7r said, doesnt matter if you have a tuned car or not, you obviously have no clue about tuning or tuned engines. I am not claiming to be an expert on tuning, or to have an indepth knowledge of tuning, but I have f**k load more knowledge than you guys, and compared to most people posting on this thread, other than the 2 of you, I know nothing.

J

jamesy

TheJesus said:
either way there will probably never be too much in it between two light weight 2.0 litre cars with similar mods and weight, so the only thing that really stands out is the Williams vastly (and I do mean vastly!) superior handling, as no matter what you do, the chassis will always be the same in the corsa and that's why it can never ever handle as well. vauxhall have never been renowned for making cars handle though until recently I suppose though

four words
.VXR
.HANDLING
.MILK FLOAT

loads of power crap chassis;)

"Correction,we have tuned engines and we are not daft,so u keep of the net,get back to reading ur bible or f**k of back to church m8,n stop talking sh*t,u must be single two!"

Dont know as much as you think you do, as you can not get 80bhp from 'just cams' seeing as you couldnt run them cams on a standard engine as the valve's would be bouncing of the pistons and the lifters breaking.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Ive just been reading through this thread and thanks for the sunday morning entertainment, 80 BHP from cams, OMG that is funny, really really funny.

That my friend just isnt happening at all. My mate works at vauxhall as a mechanic so he pretty much knows the XE engine inside out, He's got quite a few mods on that 4 branch, full exhaust, induction kit, cams, chip, rolling road setup, its completley stripped out, just 2 buckets not even any carpets or interior trim and coilovers....me with my standard 182 just and ITG maxogen still spanked him in a straight line, and was kissing his back bumper in the twisties, i just dont think for a 2.016v engine they are anygood, we are all a good group of mates so we talk and he was gutted, then he was even more gutted when the lad who bought Josh's (on this forum) red 106gti, was all over him aswell.....

The red tops dont really impress me, specially when a 1.6 16v with magnex decat and 4 branch can sit all over him, we even raced side by side from standing and still starts vauxhall just didnt impress at all.

Ingram said:
Correction,we have tuned engines and we are not daft,so u keep of the net,get back to reading ur bible or f**k of back to church m8,n stop talking sh*t,u must be single two!

pmsl, what's a tuned engine, phat induction kit, big bore 17, neonz and "cruisin for life mutha fuckas" bumber sticker? get a clue girls, 80bhp from cams alone is hilarious and also the reason that EVERYONE in this thread is ridiculing you both.

anyway, I'm off back to church to read the bible.

(oh, and it's "single too" not "two" you school skipping moron :clown:)

dont know why but these two make me think of Malibu's most wanted... aight!

Omg you really do come out with the daftest stuff,call the guy at sbd n c what he says,then argue with him u silly w*****s

Ingram said:
Omg you really do come out with the daftest stuff,call the guy at sbd n c what he says,then argue with him u silly w*nkers

lmfao we dont NEED to call him, because we can READ!

yeh silly bollox hed tell you that you can get an 80 bhp gain from some cams?all i said in the first place is that they are tunable engines and 80 bhp from cams is really good?but u set of nobs base ur life around arguing with us?so yeh i dont spend my life building engines and reading specs on the net?tht just shows im not as sad as u pillocks!

Seriously is this thread still going???

Most people come on car forums to learn more about there cars and what they can do with them. With that in mind why are you here??

This is turning into one hell of a long thread and considering that the information is niether correct nor informative from the OP i cant see the point.

Most threads this long are a good read full of interested information or p**n based lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ok back to the main part.
I dont think there would be a lot in a straight drag between a willy and a corsa with a gte engine.
As for handling the willy would be much better

ian

Hmmmm how old are you again?

You seem to know f-all about cars and the same amount about being mature and sensible? Still back to school in a week or so isnt it?

Got your uniform sorted yet? new pencil case? etc etc?

Foz

slammed clio mk1
Ian has summed up this thread in one post, at the end of the day we asked a question and you start been a w*nker, now get bk to your keyboard and start telling me summat else ive said wrong? Assole.

Ingram said:
there u go,no arguing or naf all?straight polite comment?

There were many straight comments regarding your question and many an imformative post about why you cannot run really wild cams in a standard road car engine but you didnt listen to any of them and resorted to insults etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.