ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen

Ad

MK2 FRS

Have just changed my dynamique for an extreme. They are the same model except my dynamique didnt have the rain sensitive wiper and automatic headlamps. However the windscreen is different on my extreme. At the bottom of windscreen there is a rectangle which seems to be in between the two layers of the glass. It is tinted a different colour as well. Any body have a dynamique or extreme with this on??? What is it for???

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

Its for sticking tickets on i think!!! like car park tickets so they dont damage the protective film

but i could be talking absolute rubbish of course

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

nice choice on the extreme by the way still dont see many around

flashed one the other day in carshalton and he flashed back seen a couple in this area but thats all!

Ad

MK2 FRS

I was quite unsure about the combination of the extreme and platinum but I really like. Theres a few around here. My mate gets his tomorrow in the cyclone blue. Cant believe how easily the seats get dirty!!! Its an interesting theory. As long as it is meant to be there im not too bothered. I just wondered whether someone had put at the bottom instead of the top!! As it seems to be directly inline with the senor at the top of the screen!!

This sounds like the same patch that you get on 172s.

What (I think) it is for is the ticket that gets read for the toll roads in france. It is also the only place the radar detectors and GPS antennas will work, as the rest of the screen is sound deadened and UV reflective.

So, it can be a very useful patch indeed

The rain and auto wiper sensor is at the top in the middle of the screen. I have the clear rectangle at the bottom in the middle, not sure why it there though! Where does the optional sat nav aerial fit - could it be something to do with that?

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

it tells you in the manual! it says its for affixing passes, tickets etc to the window

GR7

Shiny red R32

What would happen if tickets/passes were stuck elsewhere on the windscreen? Particularly if traffic wardens and others arent aware of this patch.

What is an Extreme like?

James - The Sat Nav antenna is an extra bit to the normal radio atenna on the back, Mine has a flat plastic piece at the front, and that is the antenna.

When the manual is talking about tickets/passes its talking about ones which can be electronically read from outside the vehicle - like the token cards that are used on the continent for toll roads.

So it wont affect any traffic wardens (But wouldnt it be cool if sticking your ticket outside of the patch made it look valid all the time Oh well, I can dream..... and theyll keep on fining me )