ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would this work.. airbox design

340i
10miles? ppffrrttt just drive it with no filter for that distance.

Or can you not get it towed or trailered?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
wanted it MOTd before it goes away then in spring its ready just to get in n go :Dif its OK with no filter i might do that i was just worried that id kill it haha

Listerine & Poledo
Maybe scrooges commetn of tights over the trumpets may not be a wholly bad idea. Make sure they're secure and wont get sucked in, but they'll keep most crap out.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm always right;)

Would you say that the best way forward would be for the OP to get a heat-resisstant, perspex bonnet crafted, complete with bulge, twin scoops and, quite possibly, a 3-foot Monster Energy Symbol embossed into it?
;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Gray if its MOTd it can be insured, dont really fancy my price n joy being sat in a garage away from home uninsured

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
no but its at my house in my garage behind 5 cars.. and it doesnt work lol im not sure anyone could or would want to steal it haha

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Would you say that the best way forward would be for the OP to get a heat-resisstant, perspex bonnet crafted, complete with bulge, twin scoops and, quite possibly, a 3-foot Monster Energy Symbol embossed into it?
;)

No bonnet at all ftw.

GTiR 394bhp
Gray if its MOTd it can be insured, dont really fancy my price n joy being sat in a garage away from home uninsured

You don't need an MOT to have insurance.It might cause complications if say you had an accident as a result of brake failure but for sitting in a garage its not needed.Plus you can just insure things for fire and theft ie covered for the worst but you cannto drive it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I want it all ready for spring tho so I don't have to faff about getting it motd n stuff I can just pull it out n go :)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I want it all ready for spring tho so I don't have to faff about getting it motd n stuff I can just pull it out n go :)

Mentalist

You're going to be throwing money away

lay up insurance for now, take your time with the manifold. MOT, Tax and proper insure once it's sorted as spring is coming up

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i want to drive it a wee bit this year tho :Dinsurance is pennies anyway so it doesnt really matter.IT 100% has to be moved from its current location in the next few weeks anyway. i know what im doing i was just wondering about the airbox thingy but for now ill just go filterless :D

E36 M3. 182
Use bonnet raisers as a temp measure to get it to the new lockup, then sort the mani as and when. No bodged bonnet, you get the Mot, and it can be driven to the new lockup. Once the manis sorted, remove the raisers. Simples.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love the idea Laura good luck with it. Be nice to see how it sits once finished in the bay.

you think?
IMG_5557.jpg

think i can shorten the manifold myself, wont effecvt the angle but should bring it down a bit

I'm sorry but that inlet manifold is gash!!

Why do you need a machine shop? I'd just scribe a line into them that reduces the angle and chop them with a bandsaw
Other option - why not get some 30degree silicon joiners - that would angle the carbs down too and you seem to have plenty of room in the bay

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
that manifold is a very expensive professional manifold.. but yes i agree they havnt put much thought into it haha. luckly i didnt pay the ful whak for it as i bought it 2nd hand but still a good couple of hundred.. i have the original reciept and yeah... not cheap lol , id not thatought of the bent joiners in all honesty... good thinking bat man!!

E36 M3. 182
Changing the angle of the carbs wont work......... They need to sit at that angle to work properly iirc.... the only solution on that front would be to shorten the upward section as much as possible and use as short a joiner as possible.....

340i
that manifold is a very expensive professional manifold.. but yes i agree they havnt put much thought into it haha. luckly i didnt pay the ful whak for it as i bought it 2nd hand but still a good couple of hundred.. i have the original reciept and yeah... not cheap lol , id not thatought of the bent joiners in all honesty... good thinking bat man!!

FLOL, come again?!?!?!!?

It looks gash :dead:

Bogg Bros - dealt with them loads as they do manifolds for bike carb conversions on the Pug 106's
I've never liked their manifolds - very expensive for poor fitment and bad welds :(

FLOL, come again?!?!?!!?

It looks gash :dead:

Yup! Amazing what some "motorsport" companies produce isn't it lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
it was the person that had it before couldnt get the carbs to seal properly so insted of getting the right size hose they just put s**t loads of that on.. it look me ages to get it off!!! its all cleaned up now, welds are perfect

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
purchased, rang them up hes going to get them in the post today so hopefully should have them for the weekend :D