ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

MK3, RX450H.
Re: Dave.'s Cammed, 2118'd Carbon obsession

Very nice.
How much more are you going to do before getting something different?

Cro

Meg'd r27

Love it dave, how do the carbon centre caps fit? They look like flat bits... maybe just the photo

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

Except Danny!!

5ac8bfb7-12c8-9d52.jpg

Was this little valve in the brake vacuum hose, the diaphragm in it had perished and it was completely blocked. Fitted a new one and the brakes are no amazing! They have never been so good!

Were your symptoms a really long, really rubbish, pedal feel that only really did anything near the bottom. And, even then, a pedal like wood?

BG182®

Just had a good read through this. It's great stuff and the car looks spot on. Really like it so far.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Were your symptoms a really long, really rubbish, pedal feel that only really did anything near the bottom. And, even then, a pedal like wood?

Yep that's the one! Try cleaning out the one way return valve, there's a guide I did in guides section.

Love it dave, how do the carbon centre caps fit? They look like flat bits... maybe just the photo

Yep they are! I'm going to run a bead of sikaflex on the inside of the wheel centres and bond them in mate, sikaflex can always be peeled off.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Not done much to the car this month, but off to Jam-Sport tomorrow to have a rear anti-roll bar fitted.

Also sold my carbon bonnet to nick on here in trade for a PH1 airbox which i fitted, and makes a nice noise! although the box looks like its seen a hard life lol

Im currently mulling over a couple of options at the moment re throttle bodies but cant make my bloody mind up!!

web.jpg

web.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d

Shame you sold the bonnet, looked great.

I found that having the airbox you have comeing straight off the TB made it sound even betterr. Deffently the cheapest and best priced engine work to do i think. So i'd do that if i was you as it'll only cost you the cost of relocating your battery

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

ive looked at fitting a small varley red top or something similar in the boot to relocate it, but i wouldnt have a clue where to start to be honest!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I will be, just fiddling really!! Was wondering if standard airbox was restricting it, I would say it was after driving it, plus sounds lovely!

Can't do the bodies until I've moved, but hopefully have them sorted in 4 to 6 weeks!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Little update for today....

I wen down to Jamsport today after they put an offer on the Whiteline rear anti roll bars. Went down this morning and had it fitted.

Wow! Should of fitted one of these ages ago, it's so bloody planted now, really does make a fantastic difference to the way the car handles heavy cornering!!

5ac8bf5b-4ace-37e6.jpg

5ac8bf5b-4add-90e2.jpg

Also whilst at Jamsport I had them do a full alignment on the car, and sort out the ride height as I couldn't get it right!

In the end they balanced out the front and lowered the rear slighty more. Also had two degrees neg camber on the front. Have some rear camber shims that I may chuck on at some point this week too, but feels a bit better on turn in now too!

Looks better now :)

5ac8bf5b-4b69-79e7.jpg

Oh standard bonnet is back and is staying now!

still love this! looks lovely with them wheels on!

I wouldnt mind one of them ARB's after i have had a go of mine without

Whiteline ARB is the best thing I've fitted to my 172 cup.. transforms the car

did you get around to fitting the center caps yet? I got some 2118's yesterday and seeing that rear cap through the middle of the wheel is already annoying me lol

Owen

ClioSport Admin

Very nice Dave, need to get an arb in my life me thinks. And some spacers/camber (but more for looks than anything.lol)

FF 182

Like the carbon fetish, i have this also :( its a weakness lol, interior is now all carboned up and have started on the exterior carbon now.

Very tidy i'm prob an hours drive away from you :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Yeah I'm thinking of putting 10mm spacers on all round just to fill the arches a little more

Fiesta ST-2

Love this car! Would be interesting to compare graphs with an RS2 running similar power to see the differences in delivery.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
The difference is huge torque wise, the duration is much longer with the RS2 but peak is about the same

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

15's definatly improve the handling, and the amount of dosh in your wallet come new tyre time!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Firstly a small update for the car...

Fitted some fan jet washers from a Citroen xsara as I knackered the standard ones fannying around with the carbon bonnet! They work brilliantly in comparison.

52848ba7-5eba-c527.jpg

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
And a big one for me!!

Finally moved!!

5284f878-5f17-3e71.jpg

Car looks right at home!

Now that's out the way I will have a big car update coming, a few at the karting meet will know what I mean!!

528488bc-6274-ec2e.jpg

Snotter's

Tastefully modded car, what profile tyres are you running? They look a little low for the size of the wheel but it could just be the angle of the pic.

BG 182

great news on the itb's mate.

just to let you know got the 4 pots off ill pm you if i wanna get rid.

Owen

ClioSport Admin

Ah, le trumpets? What's the info Dave. Who/what/when etc

Edited to add: house looks frikkin sweet mate!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Cheers guys, Gow did you say they wouldn't fit behind my wheels??

Owen I'm 95% set on TDF depending on dates etc and ASAP!!

Only prob I have is getting back from TDF when dropping car off and matt prefers to have it for 4-5 days to make sure it's perfect when finished. The problem I have is it's my daily driver, and I need to drive to work and back. Oh and then get back to pick it up lol

House is ace cheers mate, a lot of scrimping and saving but were there now, I promised I'd keep the car for another year to the Mrs today so ITB's are the way forward.

But gutted I missed russ's supercharger kit though!

Evo 5 RS

95%? Should be 100 and no less!!

I wouldn't beat yourself up about missing the charger kit, you won't be when you get your car back anyway ;)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

100%??

I am now!! TDF FTW!

Its booked in for the week 21st Feb onwards and im not having the stanard kit fitted. Matt's looked in to revised trumpet lengths for my car due to the cams as it will make a marginal difference in torque and bhp. So im having the original fan replaced with a slimline spal fan to allow room for the extra trumpet length.

Cant wait :D

340i

Bring on le' Trumpets...

You will not be disappointed.