ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

TrackCar & F30 330d
Re: Dave.'s Cammed, 2118'd Carbon obsession

when i have them on we need to meet up being so close mate, have a bodies bark off lol

be interesting to compare set ups too! yours will be much quicker i imagine though with all the weight removed!

You may have to come to my house for a bark off as my car may not come back on the road lol.

If i can get it MOT'd then it be on the road but if not then it'll be trailored places.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Since having the salty roads the wheel bolts are looking shocking! So given them a going over with some black engine lacquer. I doubt it will stay on well when doing them up, but gotta be better than rusty shite!!

51b28d36-943d-807a.jpg

RB 182

In regards to the above comment, is it fine to get bolts chemically blacked?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
No none on the threads mate!! Just the heads of the bolts, I'm a numpty but not that much of one

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Yes I is numpty :p

I'll get the sand paper out! I guess they won't tighten properly if there is paint there

RB 182

I'll get the sand paper out! I guess they won't tighten properly if there is paint there

I think the paint gives over time and they can come lose. You can buy them plastic caps if you want to tart them up, or get them chemically blacked like I'm going to do.

CLIO PH1 172

I brought some caps of ebay and tbh they looked pretty good, but a nightmare when changing wheels. blahh

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Sand them well...I learned this the hard way at Goodwood.

Freshly painted wheels including where the bolts seat, a few sessions/heat cycles and no re-torqueing of the wheel bolts meant I had to limp back to the pits with a very loose wheel. Was lucky I didn't lose it completely at 100mph+. All four bolts could be undone with fingers!!!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

arse i was conscious to not get any on the threads, rookie mistake!

AUDI A5 s-sline

Some great progress mate! :) love it! :)

I brought some caps of ebay and tbh they looked pretty good, but a nightmare when changing wheels. blahh
I have the bolt caps, have to prize them out with a screwdriver or pliers, them removal tool that they suplly doesn't fit! :( lol

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Matt has reliably informed me that AT are currently making my bodies and they will be with him shortly!

Deposit paid, can't wait for 20th to come round to drop the car off!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Matt has reliably informed me that AT are currently making my bodies and they will be with him shortly!

More cool beans! :cool:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Sounds good Dave.

I will be following this thread closely, as this is the route I'd ideally like to go down with my bus.

182cup & 172 racecar

They have been trouble free on the race car,so tried and tested.

ph1 172 and BG 182

awesome thread mate, does the pops and bangs get annoying after a while?

Golf GTD Mk7

Nice mate. I'm looking at these at the mo. Nice bit of kit :approve:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

it lasted about 3 weeks until i was fed up with it, i thought it would be fun but was a bit chavvy for me, and it drank fuel and killed a lambda!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I have posted this in the wanted section:

Hi guys can anyone lend me a set of injectors for a 182 for about two weeks??

I'm looking to get my set ultrasonically cleaned prior to it going for ITB's.

Beer will be provided!

Dave

Evo 5 RS

You'd think it'd be a good idea being as they'll be running at like 99% duty lol

But I bet you it'd make f**k all difference ;)