ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wud u choose a 182 or 1 ov theze?

nova
leon cupra r or civic type r. ill av about 10-11k to spend. what wud u get? 52/53 plate leon wiv around 20-30k, a 52/53 civic wiv about 40k or a 182? n sum reasons why plz

tiTTy & SV650
spend 7 or 8k on an Integra Type R and put some money away. Sometimes I regret spending so much on a car at my age, then I go for a B-Road blast and it's all justified.

106 GTi
As others have said, which fits the bill for you?

Drive them and see, after driving them all I prefered the 182.

Bumblebee
for looks and turbo power you could choose the Leon R
for engine and decent interior space and funky gear change the Civic R
for handling and easy to run you could go for the 182

personally I would go for a teg too, or an evo 6

up to you at the end of the day

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i think you need to drive them all to decide fella, i would like a leon at this moment in time, only becasue i would like some mre space and a bit of a better cruiser for the motorway miles i do.

Clio 172 mk2
11k may get you an okay S3 but it'll have more miles on than any of the other cars.....Audis still hold their prices.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I'd personally go for th LCR, with the 182 being my second choice. Its dependant on what you're looking for. Hows insurance on all of them? A guy on here was selling his LCR in yellow with around 30k on the clock for £11k ish. I think his thread is in the For Sales section.

Hope this helps. Tyson.

Silver 182 F/F
I've been told only get LCR if you get the 225BHP not the 210BHP and for that money/year it will be the 210 unless you spend on it.

Silver 182 F/F
I've come from a Cupra to a 182 and wanted to go back to a LCR but at the moment think price is too steep,I've noticed modified ones don't seem to sell that well in the trader.I beleive there's some trim difference as well ask these lot the question http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/

Ad

MK2 FRS
BRUCE182 said:
I've been told only get LCR if you get the 225BHP not the 210BHP and for that money/year it will be the 210 unless you spend on it.
Theres not much differrent between the 210 and 225. The only differences is the 225 has sculptured mirros and a red line on the steering wheel and a tracker. There is no other differences.

I loved my LCR, quite a different beast though. The 182 is proper hot hatch, light nimble, squirt and steer kinda driving.

The LCR is heavy more powerful, nice turbo kick, good a cruising noticable bigger, build quality is far superior. Dealers are cut above renault as well. Better retenion for the future as well as theyve taken the hit with new leon. The yellow LCR (geordiepauls) is good value. More expensive to insure, petrol and parts, although service cost are fairly low!!

Anymore questions fire away. For me the strengths of the LCR and clio mean depending on what your looking for in terms of driving, I would pick either above the CTR.

nova16v said:
leon cupra r or civic type r. ill av about 10-11k to spend. what wud u get? 52/53 plate leon wiv around 20-30k, a 52/53 civic wiv about 40k or a 182? n sum reasons why plz

buy my ibiza cupra coz its nice :)

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
integra type r dc2 model all the way, sound investment, more fun and focussed than the clio 182, more reliable, residuals are holding up well, look a the age of them and prices compared to the mk1 172s

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Have you made up your mind yet, or booked any test drives?

The Ibiza Cupra TDi is a great car...a lot of fun with silly MPG!!

Tyson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i would probably go for the Cupra R, love the styling and its ment to be a cracking engine, especially when its revo'd. i would have to go for the 225 model because of they cracking wheel!

Last edited by a moderator:
  nova
cheers 4 all da comments! i drove a 225 yesterday straight after a civic. it woz miles betta! im just not sure on which model tho coz of price.225 r only better steerin wheel, diff rear bearings n badge(plus 15hp). the 210 one is same unit as s3 too. they both chip to da same so dunno which to get?

Yaris Hybrid
Pretty similar to the CTR discussion. If I was offered both cars for free I'd take the LCR but when it comes to realistically buying one out of my own money....

Clio 172 mk2
cliovicky said:
Leon cupra r, my mates got one does 155mph easily with 5 up going up a hill ! Chipped too 275bhp !

Impressive cars but I wondering how long the box/brakes and tyres would last with this lkind of power through 2 wheels.

Clio 172 Phase 2
if you've got another 1K get yourself a DC5, they're best out of the bunch and not everyone has one. the only draw back its group 20 insurance cos its import only.

Renault ChaVio
182. Find a nice un-messed with car and it will look a lot more cool than those others mentioned. The Civic is ugly and the Seat a nobody car – even if it is fast.

Something special about the 182 and the lightweight approach it champions.

Personally I'd choose the CTR, the 182 and the LCR last.

They're all great cars but it comes down to personal choice at the end of the day. Drive them all and decide which YOU like best :)

RenaultSport clio 182
My choice would be

1) Cupra - big wheels and great looks + loadsa power
2) Clio 182 - a bit cheaper than an equiv aged Cupra
3) Integ - well what a hideous looking motor, might be a great car but chavvy as hell