ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 Disc Drive

Woops, was playing fifa yestersay and forgot i had the wired controller in, took the controller with me and the xbox fell over. Little box on screen saying take out disc and clean it, disc was scratched all around the edge, tried putting in another game and it works for 5 mins then i get the message pop up again. I think I still have receipt and warranty so will xbox fix it even though it's been dropped ? Obv wont tell them that. If not is it just easier and less time consuming to change the drive ?
Cheers

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Changing the drive is not as easy as it just plugging a new drive in. You have to hook up your old drive to your PC extract the DVD drive key then hook up the new drive to your PC and write the DVD drive key to it for it to work.
Wouldn't really recommend this process to someone who has never done it before, as if you loose the key your screwed or if you accidentally brick your old drive it means you can't extract the key again and your screwed.

If your console is still in warranty your best off sending it Microsoft to fix.

I'll give the shop a try first, if not I'll change it, doesn't sound too complicated I'm sure there will be YouTube videos :)
Cheers mate.

260% JCW
I had my drive open while listening to music once, the speakers bounced my brothers samurai sword off the edge of his shelf and snaped the drive clean off. Phoned xbox and gave them some shite excuse and they repaired it for free under warranty.

I wouldn't open it up, my freind did and broke the seals. He then phoned microsoft and told them what he did and that he'd be willing to pay for its repair they just sent it straight back.

Clio Mk2 Ph2
I'll give the shop a try first, if not I'll change it, doesn't sound too complicated I'm sure there will be YouTube videos :)
Cheers mate.

Check out xbox360iso.com they have tons of guides and information on there.
I can tell you the basics you will need:
SATA Cable
via6421 SATA port on your computer
JungleFlasher software (its free, just google it and download it from their site)

Basically just open up your xbox unplug the SATA connection from the back of the dvd drive, then plug a sata cable from the DVD drive to the via6421 port on your PC. Then just open up JungleFlasher and there should be loads of guides of what to do from there on the internet.
But if your 360 has a Lite-On DVD Drive, that just complicates the matter even more.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I would recommend just sending it to Microsoft, if it's in 1 year I think they will do drive for free (if you don't tell them you pulled it over), if longer just tell them it red ringed.

Putting in a new disc drive is quite a pain and if you haven't done it before you will need to buy the bits to connect it. Then if you don't do it right it either won't work or you could get banned.

I had my drive open while listening to music once, the speakers bounced my brothers samurai sword off the edge of his shelf and snaped the drive clean off. Phoned xbox and gave them some s**te excuse and they repaired it for free under warranty.

I wouldn't open it up, my freind did and broke the seals. He then phoned microsoft and told them what he did and that he'd be willing to pay for its repair they just sent it straight back.

I've sent a few boxes back that have been opened. You just peel the warranty sticker off and wipe the excess like it wasn't there to begin with. Hell I've even sent a flashed box back that lost video output and it got repaired and returned.

Kane - You don't want to be changing drives. It's only a matter of time you before you will get banned and the console will be useless.