ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Honda. Tesla Someday
It finally happened! Yesterday, Microsoft confirmed the Xbox Series S, which will hit shelves in the UK on November 10th for £249! An Absolute BARGAIN!

Today, Microsoft confirmed the price of the Xbox Series X... £449!!! HOW!! I was expecting it to cost upwards of £550! This is an insane price for what you’re getting! How they are doing this is beyond me!!

They also confirmed that EA Access (EA Play) will be INCLUDED with GamePass from later this year! This just gets better and better lol!

Preorders go live September 22nd for a November 10th Launch! As you may have noticed, I am hyped lol!

I’m getting the Series X on day one.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Yeah can’t wait! Seems a bargain was expecting £550 for series X
Already got game pass ultimate & EA access so hopefully that will also save abit of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Certainly aggressively priced. The more interesting option is MS offering them bundled with Game Pass for a fixed monthly cost now.

£28.99 for a Series X and XBL/GP Ultimate is an interesting tactic. I'd rather buy it outright but still.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Certainly aggressively priced. The more interesting option is MS offering them bundled with Game Pass for a fixed monthly cost now.

£28.99 for a Series X and XBL/GP Ultimate is an interesting tactic. I'd rather buy it outright but still.

That will appeal to a lot of people I'd imagine!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The price was leaked in a foreign country and I think it was estimated about £499 with taxes etc so not far off but at that price it's a no brainer. Not sure I'll even bother until next year though seen as I'm not sure there's even any games at launch I'm interested in.

The monthly fee isn't as attractive when you consider XBL is going to be free soon anyway.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yeah they confirmed the monthly prices:

Xbox Series S: £20.99 a month, includes the console, GamePass Ultimate (including Xbox Live) and EA Play. 24 months, interest free.

Xbox Series X: £28.99 a month, includes the console, GamePass Ultimate (including Xbox Live) and EA Play. 24 months, interest free.

Absolute madness! It’s as if Microsoft said “f*ck it I’m going all in!”

Honda. Tesla Someday
The price was leaked in a foreign country and I think it was estimated about £499 with taxes etc so not far off but at that price it's a no brainer. Not sure I'll even bother until next year though seen as I'm not sure there's even any games at launch I'm interested in.

The monthly fee isn't as attractive when you consider XBL is going to be free soon anyway.

Xbox Live being free is expected, however all the talk isn’t around that. GamePass Ultimate is the best deal in gaming, and it just got better as they are adding EA Play to it at no extra cost. The fact that you will be able to obtain next-generation consoles at such a low price point - way cheaper than anyone expected - is just good for gamers everywhere. Not to mention Backward Compatibility with every Xbox since the original, this is brilliant!!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I'll definitely be getting the series X. Well will have to get 2. One for the lad 😂.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I'm guessing they will still do the game share?. Can't be buying 2 of everything lol

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
@DeeKay86 what do you get with the game pass? Is it comparable to PS Now from Sony? Do you stream the games with it or do you download them?

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My last console was a PS3 some while back. Will this X Box be a lot better than the PS5 or not much in it between the two?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
@DeeKay86 what do you get with the game pass? Is it comparable to PS Now from Sony? Do you stream the games with it or do you download them?

If it's the same as the Xbox now you download them. Probably still need an external hard drive. Especially for cod lol

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If it's the same as the Xbox now you download them. Probably still need an external hard drive. Especially for cod lol
Ah ok. I never got PS now but I'm sure it was stream only at the start.

Good move by Microsoft this after the last launch didn't do as well as they hoped due to Sony's pricing.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Has anyone seen any lists of games that will be available on the new XBOX on release day?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Has anyone seen any lists of games that will be available on the new XBOX on release day?

I'd imagine every game that's out now.

As they're still using the same architecture there's no need to start collections again like in the past.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I made a video... I also shared it on twitter and PlayStation fans disliked the living hell out of it LOL!

I packed a lot of info in to it, so I hope you enjoy!

Honda. Tesla Someday

Hi Aaron!!
GamePass has over 100 games for Xbox and PC. It also has EVERY first party game from Microsoft Studios on Day One at no extra cost. Later this year, EA Play is being added to GamePass at no extra cost. You download the games to play them, its like Netflix but for games. They add new games all the time.

Now, you CAN also stream games if you have an Android device - this is via xCLOUD which is also included with GamePass. It really is incredible and is seen in the gaming industry as “The best deal in gaming”.

Honda. Tesla Someday
My last console was a PS3 some while back. Will this X Box be a lot better than the PS5 or not much in it between the two?

Hardware wise there is a pretty big difference. The Xbox Series X comes in at 12.1TF (constantly) against the PS5’s 10.2TF (only when boosting).

Series X will be the most powerful console ever made. It even has dedicated hardware for RayTracing.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I think he means you might aswell get the console and gamepass and pay it monthly. It works out cheaper aswell over the 2 years.
I see, so that comes to £696 over the 2 years
Console is £449 so presumably the subscription is more than £250 over the same time period (excuse my nativity I didn't know there even was a game subscription service)?

Sounds like a mega good deal though, what games are they on the game pass service? Like actually good ones or really old ones?

I'm just wondering if it's worth while buying it outright instead if I won't make use of the games (like I say depending on what they are like)

Honda. Tesla Someday
Console is £449 so presumably the subscription is more than £250 over the same time period (excuse my nativity I didn't know there even was a game subscription service)?

Sounds like a mega good deal though, what games are they on the game pass service? Like actually good ones or really old ones?

I'm just wondering if it's worth while buying it outright instead if I won't make use of the games (like I say depending on what they are like)

There are currently 385 games on GamePass across Xbox and PC. Check them out here:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Yeah they've already ditched or are going to ditch the 12 month Xbox live and move to just the game pass. Imo there is some good games on their and some old ones from previous x boxes. All the Microsoft produced one will go straight to gamepass and there throwing EA access in aswell which is normally another subscription.

👆 He beat me to it lol

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the info! I am typically a ps fan boy but wanted to get both this year just to open My options.

The pay monthly thing seems brilliant! Won't even recognise it going out of the bank however a close to £500 bill makes my anus hoop the macerena.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Didn’t realise they did game pass for pc, currently £1 a month!

I have EA Origin, or whatever it is now for £20 a year, but if game pass will include this in future might be worth looking into!

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The X Box certainly looks the better system, but then again there's been no announcement from Sony yet. The X box also won't have virtual reality either will it? Where as the PS5 does.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Would i be right in thinking that we are now getting to the point with these new consoles that TV's no longer cut the mustard? i know a lot of people use monitors anyway, but i am sure a lot still use their tv's?

No matter what i do, i cannot stop the input lag of my Xbox One S on my XF90 bravia, tried everything, Game Mode etc, but it still takes half a second for the guy on the screen to move when i press the controller.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
The subscription cost makes me want to upgrade, but having to buy a 1500 quid plus TV for either console is a bit of a depressing reality. Seems pointless upgrading if you're not going to make the most of it

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Would i be right in thinking that we are now getting to the point with these new consoles that TV's no longer cut the mustard? i know a lot of people use monitors anyway, but i am sure a lot still use their tv's?

No matter what i do, i cannot stop the input lag of my Xbox One S on my XF90 bravia, tried everything, Game Mode etc, but it still takes half a second for the guy on the screen to move when i press the controller.

You need a monitor mate. Even if it's a larger one. Much better than a TV.

I will be looking to upgrade the monitor if we get 120hz