ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon headlamps...need info

Clio MK3 1.6 Dynamique

hi, um.. I got a clio(2004 version), in december past.. and I allways wanted to get the "blueish" headlamps... i seen a few cars with them as i passed em, and they looked well smart, I checked eBay & for a set of xenon headlamps and its aprox 9quid(inc p&p), So i thought.. well thats not bad...i guess... but then i thought about how am i meant to fit them(dont know anything about cars realy.. ),

So i thought best thing to do is goto Halfords.. which I did, and they were charing £11.99 PER BULB.. so it would be £23.98 for a SET. and then he said it would cost £5 each..(£10 totall) to fit the 2 bulbs. And i was alittle ...shocked considering they were on ebay for 9quid, obviously not being fitted though.

Now i am considering buying from ebay & fiting myself, however I was told it was EASY to fit them.. but i wasnt told HOW TO.

I was wondering if anyone here could give me abit of info on these bulbs & if it is EASY & maybe a step by step instruction if possible.

Questions:

1: what diference visually do these bulbs make at night? "High quality xenon charged HID lamp, (2 times brighter) with no extra current draw " << Whats that mean "extra current draw" and does it REALY make it 2x brighter?

2: what do you guys think about the price from halfords?

3: are these street legal?(it says on ebay it is..), but i thought i should ask u guys just incase they arent.

thanks for reading all that, Ive been meaning to ask for awhile!

Cheers :)

they arent xenon bulbs
real xenons cost 300+
those you see use an xenon gas but are no where near as good as the real thing

Polo + Micra

1: blue bulbs give less visablity at night.
2: crap (£5 per lamp fitting is :eek:)
3:yes they are street legal.

now dont buy the ones off ebay as they are going to be sh*t.

real H.I.Ds would cost around £300 to retro-fit

Clio MK3 1.6 Dynamique

so whats the deal with them, they must be quite popular, how come if the are s***? Its just cool blue lights i wanted, infact.. the halfords guy didnt say they were "xenon" bulbs he said something else... dammit wish i could remember what he called them.. they were just "blue" headlamps.

real easy to fit infact look in ur manual and they do all bulbs for most cars, but u need to know the bulb type. and they cost me £70 for 2x dipped 2x main 4x silvervision, all bluevision

Clio MK3 1.6 Dynamique

I like the look/description of the Philips Blue Vision H7 & Osram Cool Blue H7

which one would you guys recommend getting out of these 2?

Clio II and Grand Modus

Get Philips blue vision they are realy good bulbs. Osram silver Star would be my 2. choise.

I just bought some Philips Power2Nights from Powerbulbs.com (And got some Blue Vision Sidelights).

Dunno what they like, but supposed to be good.

I found Ring Sportzblue are good. They are not the cheesy blue/green that all boy racers have! I would describe them as extreme white with a nice blueish tint. They are probably the closest youll have to the proper HIDs.

insignia

You will never beable to replicate the light given off by xenon lights.Xenon lights is the ultimate.Its noticeably at least 2x as bright as the light standard lights give off,and yes your right they do look well smart.Blue bulbs looks sh*t IMO

Clio MK3 1.6 Dynamique

I just ordered the Philips Blue Vision H7, & you get a free set of sidelight bulbs! :D

Thanks for your help guys - I will post back here in few days once Ive got them & either having trouble fiting them.. or once ive fitted em! :)