ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your first ever car how sh*t was it !

Mine was a Nova saloon.
1.0 litre.
Cost me 900 notes
insurance was 500.
it was a 1981 a reg.
50 000 miles.
put a decent stereo and speakers in it and cruised the town like i was driving a ferarri ! :cool:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

G-Reg Mini Thirty in dark red, 1 of 2,500, alloys, half leather seats... awww see it most weeks in town. Come back. G363 DHC. :)

don't

lol sounds like me

1990 rover metro, 1.1 power

thought it was really fast lol,

also cruised the town thinking i was the coolest person ever

was reliable though untill i ragged it senseless :-( the some drunk driver crashed head on into it and wrote it off :-(

poor baby

1994 Fiat tempra
1.9 td
40,000 miles
cost £3500

Had a digital display with TURBO GAUGUE!

Was quicker than an XR3i but looked like a grandads car

Lee

BMW M2C

1984 Vauxhall Astra 1.2 Merit in Red
Cost me £900 and £600 TP only to insure.

Had over 100k on the clock when I traded it in and got pretty much what I paid for it. LOL

Fiat Punto 1.2 8v, Metallic Green - £5495

Was an alright first car, and only got rid of it a few weeks ago when i used it as part exchange for my new clio.

Insurance was a b*****d as I insured it when I was 17 years old with a provisional licence..

[Edited by SCDave on 20 January 2005 at 12:51pm]

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i had a 1.3 suzuki jeep passed down from family!

the birds loved it when i was i the 6th form hehe

Fiat Uno 903cc on an F plate in white.

Bought it for £400 it cost me £1100 to insure it in my own name.

Part exed it for a K reg Clio RT. They gave me £450 for it well chuffed!

golf

Mine was a 1.2 Nova 4 Hatch door in flat blue! 78k miles, cost £1200 and £770 on insurance. It had a bright yellow parcel shelf with 6x9 speakers and big Hella rally fogs on the front!! Rally sl*g style! No alloys! F81 THJ Owe I miss her!

BMW E46 330i Touring

Chinquecento Sporting, in bright yellow with a centre exit exhaust and big black sun strip! I was, the man! Was good to me though, just a washer bottle and clutch cable needed replacing.

renaultsport clio 182

mini 850 old p reg paid £300 first insurance £320, christ 14 year ago i must be getting old,oh and it was a sh8ter.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I had a lovely 1.4 RT 5 door in Black. 53k Bought it in 1999 it was a 1992 K reg. Paid £3,750 for it.

Had it colour coded de-locked, lowered, exhaust, started with 15" rims then went for 17s. Had a sweet sound system as well. (Still got it)

So no it wasnt a sh*tter.

My brother was the 1st one out of our lot to get a car --

Y reg fiesta popular plus, 1.1

he added blacked out windows (bin liner type - from charlie Browns)

About 6 massive spot lights mounted on the front bumper,

No stereo, we had a rasta blasta on the back seat, we just put that on full blast (loadsa distortion), and took turns replacing the batteries!

We cruised round Showcase Cinema - clutch down revving to any birds standing by, we were the bollox !!

Cant believe we thought we looked cool, bet the girls were well impressed !

:cool:

vw polo 1.0 £500. rare model with air pipe that sat over the carb and froze over when driving hence cut off every 30mins and cut the engine off no matter where i was and i had to fire it up on the fly. nearly killed me about 10 times... then i had a £1500 rover 214sli (old shape) a lot better than the polo as it had power steering, comfy seats, better heating and squidgy suspension also had around 105hp !!!! lol. thats the only cars i had driven or owned really made me appreicate what i have and makes me laugh when most people complain about the cheap modern day cars like the clio.. my 172MKII is still inifinatley better than the other pieces of crap ive owned and ive never really had anyproblems compared with the other two needing new stuff everyweek.

Fiesta 950Pop..C reg cost 750 to buy and insurance was 850quid. Had it for 18months and put 26000mils on it visiting mates at Uni etc so pretty reliable. Needless to say after that my 2nd S1 RS Turbo was a little better.

Rob

Volkswagen Beetle 1302s 1970 something

Twin carbs, but more stick on chrome than you could shake a stick at.

Rubbish green colour, pants heater, cobra recliners, pissin oil, rubbish dynamo, discs all round (non-servo assisted of course)

Oh yeah, Mountey 10" steering wheel that left a scar on my forehead after I planted it into a tree

Loved it at the time

BMW 328 Ci

1997 Renault Clio started on 37000

Now on 50000, never broken down, no urgent repairs (apart from at MOT).
Nothing Sh*t about it, apart from the dials which look like they came of a car 10 years older.

i had a fiesta 1.1 ghia on a C reg (about 6 years ago) it took me ages to find a decent one, it cost me £600 & £700.00 to insure it.
as i was embarassed that it was a 1.1 i de badged it so it just said fiesta ghia on the back, i added a decent system to it as well.

sadly it met its death when one night i thought i could see more than i could & stuffed it head on into some railings & wrote it off, on a road i saw all the time!!
I got quite a bit of money for the spares as well, it was only then that i realised what a sh*tter it actually was !

nissan micra "E" reg 988cc wrote it off in 1st week of driving fixed for less than a £100 new door wing suspension strut and swaped a digital watch for a set of 15" alloys lol £600 sold it for £250 !! now a curry derlivery car ha ha

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

A brand spangly new Celica... I loved the pop up head lights, a top pose aged 18 :oops: with added suntan and window down

LMAO it makes me cringe to think about it...

Always good for transporting skis... out of the sun roof on my way up to avimore :oops:

My god there are lots of very nice First cars here?, my first car was an very old beat up Mini 850cc.... top speed was only around 70mph and 0-60 in about 30 seconds.....lol.....

Prefer the car I have now......;)

Simon