ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza’s Blown Engine update

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 31 May 2005
cliosport "blow up of the year" award goes to............

Joel Dee, for all his blow up girlfriends

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

y0z2a and fred is there much diferance between my exhaust and yours?

I mean yours was so loud on track, if mine is like that no wonder every one is essex hates me!!!! :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 31 May 2005

what did i go through?

erm, lots of bits, but not much major.

starter motor
cat (30,000 miles)
cam belt
gasket set
loads of oil filters
oil

thats about it. I just looked after it and changed everything before it was needed.

engine is coming back with a lot more oomph. ;-)

:)

/y0z

Yep change everything BEFORE its needed thats how you look after a car..............80,000 driven like you stole it miles..........says it all really eh..............soooo yoz does this mean the prices go up then eh :D

Cya Stu

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 31 May 2005

no wonder every one is essex hates me!!!! :devilish:

What makes you think its just everyone in Essex then eh :D.........only jokin...........couldnt resist :D

Cya Stu

browno

ClioSport Club Member

is our own system browno.

/y0z

Cool, is there any chance there might be a Yozzasport system for the 182 in the near future? If so, I would definitely be interested...

Cheers,
Gaz

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 31 May 2005

What makes you think its just everyone in Essex then eh :D.........only jokin...........couldnt resist :D

Cya Stu
PMSL!!!!! :oops:

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

there certainly might be!!

just taken the car in, we all had a good laugh at it....

just went pop in style..

however ben and I are sorting her out asap for the track season...

expect to see "other" things turn up with the yoz mobile soon as well!!!!

Cya Stu
PMSL!!!!! :oops:

Yeah me tooo................seen as this thread is all but dead lets put it to the test eh: -

So who hates Little Newms :D

big red bus

L_Ms exhaust is bloody loud as i found out at the end of FCS :D

And can i say well done Mr YoZ for driving a car properly :)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by browno on 31 May 2005

is our own system browno.

/y0z

Cool, is there any chance there might be a Yozzasport system for the 182 in the near future? If so, I would definitely be interested...

Cheers,
Gaz

its been developed as we speak, should be ready very soon, we still need to test it

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 01 June 2005
its been developed as we speak, should be ready very soon, we still need to test it

Excellent - Ill look forward to hearing about it once its ready...

ive not read the full story, but i had a similar problem- one of my valves fell off into the piston and wrecked it, i had a new engine under warenty though!

was only 18 months old, so i feel for Yozza,

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 31 May 2005what did i go through?

erm, lots of bits, but not much major.

starter motor
cat (30,000 miles)
cam belt
gasket set
loads of oil filters
oil

thats about it. I just looked after it and changed everything before it was needed.

engine is coming back with a lot more oomph. ;-)

:)

/y0zYep change everything <FONT color=#ff0000>BEFORE its needed thats how you look after a car..............80,000 driven like you stole it miles..........says it all really eh..............soooo yoz does this mean the prices go up then eh :DCya Stu

exactly stu.

pretty much every trackday / hard drive, she had an oil and filter change, 72k mile service done at 60k, 46 done at 40 etc etc. New brakes as soon as they were needed, fluids on a regular basis, new calipers, new suspension, new exhausts, new gaskets, bushes, all sorts of stuff that was "probably" wearing was changed early. When you drive it as hard as a do, you dont want something silly breaking because you didnt replace a £10 part.

/y0z

but the stems are 5.45 so they wont fit anything unless you fit custom guides and make custom retainers to use the collets.

oh right, thought they wer bigger than that. so does the f4 head breath better than say a megane head in standard trim, or is it the cammage that provides the extra power?

jimbo

the cylinder head is far superior in std trim.

Its CNC ported from the factory stock so the shape is pretty good.

However there are still large gains to be had, but its better than the megane.

If you interested in larger valves then PM me.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

This is exactly what happened to my engine when i over revved it mate - the piston is in exactly the same position as well. Sure you didnt select low gear at high speed by accident ?? Any help you need you know who to call

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 02 June 2005

This is exactly what happened to my engine when i over revved it mate - the piston is in exactly the same position as well. Sure you didnt select low gear at high speed by accident ?? Any help you need you know who to call
Sounds like I was lucky then, having changed from 4th into 2nd rather than 3rd at the end of the straight next to the plane :confused: lol

Only things I can see that would cause your engine to fail like that would cause your engine to fail like that are :

A Oil starvation

B Driving in the upper RPM bands for too long. If your R-sport ecu has a raised RPM limit (which it almost certainly will) then this is most likely the cause of your blow out.

if it was anything it may well have been 50,000 miles in situation B)

We were going around a BIG corner at 120/130 when it started to splutter...

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 6/3/2005 10:58:45 AM]

172, Tiguan

Hmm thinking back, we were at the top of 4th all the way that bend. I was amazed at the flexibility the R-Sport was giving you.

Skoda Fabia vRS

well if he is gettin out his tool, why exactly are you bendin down Andy in the direction of the tool

LOL