ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1460.65 For insurance

320d
with direct line @ 18 on my 1.2 16v 2005 clio.

I think this is a good price, couldnt get a cheaper quote. Only starts on the 30th of august but i bought it now to secure the 0% finance.

The major down side is that modifications arnt allowed.

But there is vandalism cover, uninsured driver cover etc

I have included garanteed car hire and legal cover.

Considering i have no car ncb i have done well, it does incude a 10% multi car discount.

I will be leaving next year though so i can get mods etc.

Anyone got a better quote than this?

Iceberg 172 Cup
greenlight, say no more, admiral wanted £1866 for which greenlight wanted £975, rest my case!

ValverInBits
Does anyone else think that insurance is just getting completely ridiculous these days??

Better driver training and harder driving tests is the way forward IMO
Would eventually mean lower premiums, safer roads, fewer fatalities, and possibly allow the goverment to finally get off their arses and increase the national speed limit.

apologies for minor hijack

Clio DCi 65
Does anyone else think that insurance is just getting completely ridiculous these days??

Would eventually mean lower premiums, safer roads, fewer fatalities, and possibly allow the goverment to finally get off their arses and increase the national speed limit.

Superb.

320d
tried the bell group, all £1500 with 850 excesson 10 month policies.

i'm in a cat D postcode aswell.

and its FC, its good compared to my mates quotes so i'm happy.

Whilst I am lucky that my insurance is cheap, its shocking the difference between male and female insurance premiums.

A

amitshah1990

yer be happy mine is 1800 on my 1.2 16v due to the fact i wrote of my saxo and claimed. I have my mum on it but its my policy so ncb in january :D. Good deal ya got there i reckon.

Clio Dyn 1.2
Whilst I am lucky that my insurance is cheap, its shocking the difference between male and female insurance premiums.

it sure is, im a twin, and me and my sister both have 1.2 clios, both with 1 years no claims, i pay £987 for insurance (because im male), whereas she pays £522 with 3 points. its a bummer :(

Screw that!! I had a big claim before, damaged my car and wrote off another, then I went out and bought a 172 at 19 and I'm paying £1200 fully comp. Thats with bell.co.uk.

F56 MINI Cooper S

it sure is, im a twin, and me and my sister both have 1.2 clios, both with 1 years no claims, i pay £987 for insurance (because im male), whereas she pays £522 with 3 points. its a bummer :(
yeah its crap mate, more or less doubles if you are a male, bit of a joke really

Clio Dyn 1.2
yeah its crap mate, more or less doubles if you are a male, bit of a joke really

its crazy, ive got no points, no previos crashes etc, yet we all get hit hard on insurance because of other peoples mistakes. When we are young, we have the most money because we have little outgoings (no mortgage repayments), so we can afford nice cars etc, but the insurance is just a killer :(

ValverInBits

Superb.

Ta very much:approve:

Clio Dyn 1.2

I think this is a good price, couldnt get a cheaper quote. Only starts on the 30th of august but i bought it now to secure the 0% finance.

The major down side is that modifications arnt allowed.

But there is vandalism cover, uninsured driver cover etc

I have included garanteed car hire and legal cover.

Considering i have no car ncb i have done well, it does incude a 10% multi car discount.

I will be leaving next year though so i can get mods etc.

Anyone got a better quote than this?

also maybe try quinn direct, they were the cheapest for me.they also allow you to mod the car aslong as it doesnt affect the performance, and if i can remember you can drive other cars around the similar cc (but im not sure)

F56 MINI Cooper S

its crazy, ive got no points, no previos crashes etc, yet we all get hit hard on insurance because of other peoples mistakes. When we are young, we have the most money because we have little outgoings (no mortgage repayments), so we can afford nice cars etc, but the insurance is just a killer :(
yeah its bollox, i bet grannies arnt paying this much, even though they cause accidents the majority of the time :mad:

cyclists should pay... two cyclists riding side by side caused a fatal accident the other day by my house.

E30 318iS x2
I had a cyclist tell me I was dirivng too fast when I was doing 60 in a national. Stupid old git.

Try Admiral, 1400 is a fair bit for a 3 year old 1.2?

They quoted me 1100 with no no claims and mods listed, get windscreen, audio and car hire. Stuck both parents off and saved a packet ;)

Inferno Cliosport 182 FF
I'm shocked at how much you guys have to pay for insurance! What a joke! Look forward to getting older guys coz I only pay £350 FC on a clio sport! But then again I am old and wrinkley at 30!

Never above 25mpg
£1100 for me for my 1.4 16v with 1 years NCB and Im 18.

My second year with Quinn Direct.

Although that is TPFT..

Will search for a new insurer next March at the end of my policy

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
its wierd because thats exactly what my quote was to the penny for the scoob

and im 24
clean licence
2 years ncb

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Get a quote from everyone mate, directly, not through compare websites, and try adding your parents to lower your policy.

Although I paid more than that for a 1.4 8v, so same power etc, when I was 18 but that was with an fault claim and 3 points.

THAT IS CRAZY!!!

Why should woman pay less?? Have you seen them drive??!!

vaux cavalier
I recieved my Policy renewal forms through today....

Not happy, my ins has gone up by about 33%, it takes the mickey....

Rang them up and created a stink, new policy had no ncp and higher excess....

Eventually agreed a deal though...

Cavalier 2ltr 16v, a few mods to engine (approx 165bhp)....
100 excess

£235, fully comp.... disgusting.....I reckon £100 would be fairer

Just been on a comparrison site, 2.5 Subaru impreza WRX, comprehensive cover comes out at £347.....I must be a relic;)

200 Gordini

Iv got the same car and i'm also with Direct Line.
First year was 1700, 17 with with 1 year ncb.
This year its 2100, 18 with 0 ncb because people are claiming against me, this is still in dispute so if i win i'll get the difference back but i'm guessing around 1400 with the 2 years ncb so that quote sounds pretty good to me.

Bumder With A Buffer
Christ the life that seems extortionate!

I know this is going back like 9 years but my old MK1 Astra 1.3 (with GTE kit and interior) I had when i was 18 cost me £700 Fully comp I think.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
i think its a bloody high quote tbh. when i first insured my car (same as yours) i was 19 and it cost me £650. two years on and im paying £260, and yes i am the policy holder.

no. as you can see, mine has come down £400ish in two years. im chuffed with that :)