ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

“Charlotte” The 182 FF

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Still ticking along with the Clio. Hoping to get the cage and passenger bucket in shortly.

Bing typically French, I came back from a holiday in France where the car had been left at the airport to find that it had two new issues! The key no longer works, so I have to unlock the car from the passenger door then lean in an press the button in the car to open the boot and the drivers door, also the button on the end of the right hand stalk has stopped working so I cannot scroll through the menu (a common issue by all accounts).

So more to fix! :)

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Found one issue…

IMG_4456.jpeg

Not sure I can be that bothered trying to fix it tbh.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
So, did some work on the old girl.

Got the cage and passenger seat in, It’s not quite exactly how I want it but some more fettling to do next weekend.

Fairly simple job all told, managed to not crack my screen but was more careful used some pipe lagging to protect the screen from the cage.

All done in around 3 hrs with some messing on with bits and bobs as is always the case.

IMG_4543.jpeg
IMG_4544.jpeg
IMG_4545.jpeg
IMG_4546.jpeg

Next up is a service and a good clean.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Some great little upgrades. I'm handing my company car back at the end of October and going to bring the RB out of storage and daily it over winter.
I don't think having them sitting around does them any good. It's going to be a challenge keeping it clean 😟
I’ve coated the underside with waxoyl and then use an under body sprayer on the power washer. Not enough to take the waxoyl off but gets the salt off.

Hoping that keeps it looking reasonable.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
A bit of a simple update but the the wiper stalk popping apart and the function button not working were a bit annoying, got a replacement from Renomotive and swapped it in really easy job to do. Now back to full functionality.

IMG_4456.jpeg

IMG_4904.jpeg

IMG_4903.jpeg

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
So a really small bit possible useful for other update, I’ve managed to reduce the vibration on the PMS shifter by around 80-85%, it’s not perfect but it’s not as horrendous and I’m happy cruising about without having to hold the gear lever etc…

Super simple, I put some dodo mat on the bottom of the shaft (😉)…

IMG_4945.jpeg

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been buying up wheels! Now have a set for track tyres and put the new road wheels on as well.

Track wheels

IMG_5107.jpeg

New road wheels

IMG_5109.jpeg

Really happy with both, the track ones are 15s and have horrendous tyres so need some tyres so I’ll likely get them refurbed at the same time.

Got a number of other track bits to fit over the coming weeks but the wheels were easy!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The 15" technomagnesio detroit look like my old ones. I sold them to a local lad and he done them anthracite, seen them up for sale recently.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Merry Christmas to me… and the Clio!!

A few bit to slap on in the coming days / weeks

BC Coilovers
Cooling ducts for the brakes
New intake filter
Studs - I need to adjust the hole slightly on the discs to get the studs to fit.

IMG_5127.jpeg

IMG_5128.jpeg
IMG_5129.jpeg
IMG_5130.jpeg

Hoping to get to my first track day on 2024 in feb so need to get on with getting them fitted.

I also have some track tyres to go on the wheels I bought when they come back from being refurbished. I hadn’t intended on getting them done but they wouldn’t seal due to some corrosion around the lip so figured I’d get them done, they were a bargain anyway.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Seems like the day for new keys, after @Clio_fool posted the exciting news about his key, I am doing the same! Wild!

If you go back to start I had intended to get a spare as it only came with one but it’s taken me longer than it should have really, but after my original key button broke I decided it was time.

Behold….. two keys!

IMG_5149.jpeg

It’s nice to have two keys, they also managed to fix the button on my orignal key so I have two fully working keys.

Truly, it’s a crazy time to be alive.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Seems like the day for new keys, after @Clio_fool posted the exciting news about his key, I am doing the same! Wild!

If you go back to start I had intended to get a spare as it only came with one but it’s taken me longer than it should have really, but after my original key button broke I decided it was time.

Behold….. two keys!

View attachment 1677674

It’s nice to have two keys, they also managed to fix the button on my orignal key so I have two fully working keys.

Who did you use mate?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Two key 😯. If I win the 110 mil on the lottery tonight I might be able to get a 2nd key card myself😂. For all the knocks and abuse car keys take its amazing they last as well as they do.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Two key 😯. If I win the 110 mil on the lottery tonight I might be able to get a 2nd key card myself😂. For all the knocks and abuse car keys take its amazing they last as well as they do.
I know, probably the most reliable part of them! I’ve dropped mine bent it and all sort and until the switch on the button just crumbled it never let me down.

Feeling like a baller now I have two!!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member

Behold….. two keys!

View attachment 1677674

New key is very nice, my main key had been basically sanded smooth over the years, could barely tell it said Renault on the back anymore before I replaced the plastic shell for new genuine.
Did you have any issues getting a new key coded?

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
New key is very nice, my main key had been basically sanded smooth over the years, could barely tell it said Renault on the back anymore before I replaced the plastic shell for new genuine.
Did you have any issues getting a new key coded?
It should say Renault on the back? Mines never said that! 🤣

No problem getting it coded at all, took about 15mins.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Had the opportunity to use my one of my mates ramps, had a few things to do,

- brake cooling
- tie rods and ends
- Clilovers
- wheels studs
- heat shield for bulkhead
And some other stuff, spent the whole day there got most of it done.

Took loads of photos, they’re all below…

IMG_5159.jpeg

But to be honest it was great fun doing it in the warmth and dry. Got a few things to finish tomorrow but shouldn’t take too long then it’s booked for tracking next week.

Then I’ll be off to a track day.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
BC coilovers fitted, new tie rods and ends, fitted, new cone filter fitted, brake ducts fitted.

Now got some rubbing on lock but i though I might, going to sort that out should be easy enough.

Also noticed I have a power steering leak. So need to try and source some new pipes… or consider going to EPAS.

All told I love this little thing, suspension felt okay driving back home, not going to use it much until it’s tracked properly and the suspension is checked and set up a little more.

IMG_5162.jpeg

IMG_5163.jpeg
IMG_5164.jpeg

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Also I realise now my steering rack bushes might be dead. I have a slight knock when steering at slow speed, almost like a creak. I thought it was related to the top mounts but it’s still there with the coilovers. Going to tighten the bolts and see if that helps first, if it does then I’ll get new bushes… and try to bride my mate to use his ramp again. 😬🙄

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Just popped out and checked the steering rack bolts they seemed pretty tight but got a bit more out of them, I’m going to ask the garage to have a look when it’s in for tracking, also get them to confirm the leak in the PAS. I have found an updated high pressure line so not all is lost if I need to replace it.

Also treated the coilovers with ACF50 and added covers as I’ll be using the car day to day still, albeit a little less.

Finally tried the track wheels on, there’s something about the squareness of track tyres that make cars look 👌

IMG_5167.jpeg
IMG_5168.jpeg

Finally Iost a tiny washer from the top mount and had to use a zinc plated one. Randomly I found it next to the car this morning.

IMG_5169.jpeg