ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Mk 2 Phase 3 Campus 'Sport' - Typical First Car

Very little to report again, I'm literally running the car on pennies at the minute. Student wages plus Christmas really don't mix! But I'm hoping things will pick up in the new year ;)

I managed to get my bloody stereo to sit further back where it should do. Involved removing the top dash which was a pleasantly easy thing to do!

IMG_45711_zps2e4e3534.jpg

IMG_45951_zpse61b1a62.jpg

And the whole reason for such:

IMG_45911_zps5fcfb59a.jpg

Much better! Only problem now being that I put the aftermarket tweeters under the grille's, but now they sound so muffled and s**t. Gonna pop them back on top of the grille's I think!

Yeah it's literally about 12 screws, 3 in the windscreen vents, 3 above the glovebox, 2 under the steering cowling, 1 to the right of that, 1 each side in the door shuts ish, and then some persuasion :)

And because dude my headunit has so much wiring, I need a hand in from above to feed it down and out of the way, whilst also pushing it back. Impossible to do with the dash top on because I need to get my hand in from the top and under

172 Rep
Decided on lowering springs over coilovers for value etc. So gonna start building up a kit!

So far I've ordered new front shocks for no other reason than shiney new parts ;) and I'm looking at 60/40mm springs so don't wanna strain the standard shocks.

sportstossdaempfer_high_tec_renault_clio_b_fk_fkzzre14.jpg

Cheapo cheapo! http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en...r-09-98.html?listtype=search&searchparam=clio

So come pay day, springs and rear dampers!

I got them shocks the other week they are amazing, whatever you do, don't buy the 'LO' lowering springs, I've got them and they smashed my old shocks and top mounts to pieces

172 Rep
Yeah that's where I saw them dude ;) and ah funnily enough those were the ones I was looking at. Will keep looking then!

They are good springs but I wouldn't run them on standard shocks that's all ;-) if you do get them make sure you get the uprated fk shocks mate :)

Ordered some white external CS stickers to go on the bonnet and middle rear window! So those should be here soon :)

Also undecided: car's currently got clean plastic plates all round, no dealer marks or anything. Should I get a 3/4 plate for the front, or pressed plates all round?!

New year, new bits.

Ordered some RS sill covers from a chap on here, so they should be here soon. Nothing special but they'll smarten the car up a bit! Also got a bee-sting aerial on the way, it's the little bits ;)

But more importantly I'll hopefully be grabbing a full RS interior in the next week or so, assuming I've calculated my finances right. MOT and Service next month aren't helping things... I don't dare ruin a full service history since that's what attracted me to the car when I bought it. Anyone know on a ballpark figure of what the service will cost? Doesn't need anything big like a cambelt etc, just oils and filters IIRC. Fingers crossed it'll sail through the MOT, I know it needs new front discs and pads but that's less than £30 to do myself. No advisories on the last MOT so here's hoping...

We shall see :)

New number plate light cluster arrived this morning, so chucked that on. Strange how the little things can make a big difference! My old cluster wasn't that yellowed in comparison to most, but still made a huge difference. Sorry for the picture whoring!

IMG_47401_zpsa2b2ec85.jpg

null_zps607857c7.jpg

null_zpsb3b7a579.jpg

null_zps97fe1916.jpg

null_zps952cb154.jpg

New number plate light cluster arrived this morning, so chucked that on. Strange how the little things can make a big difference! My old cluster wasn't that yellowed in comparison to most, but still made a huge difference. Sorry for the picture whoring!

Ace! looks fresh :) you using an LED in your plate lamp?

Fitted the RS sill trims just now from a member on here. Bargain price and really good condition so top job.

IMG_47661_zps00b75421.jpg

IMG_47681_zpsec86af41.jpg

IMG_47691_zps1141bb87.jpg

Really must stop using my iPhone, pictures are absolute shite!

Also grabbed a picture of the light dispersion from my new number plate cluster, much brighter!

IMG_47611_zps21e18160.jpg

Can't wait for next month to be over so I can start on some proper mods!

JLK

1.2 Replica
Never looked at this thread for some reason, however just read every page! This is awesome man. The 172 bumper will look great once fitted. :)

I must be f**king mad, just got home from a 5 hour long round trip for a 1*2 bumper.. But at £10 how could I say no? ;)

1797027_10201278326746232_1486472386_n.jpg

nice car, bet it cost ya bout £35 in petrol haha. I know what its like when ya want something though haha, i did an 2 hour trip for the door sill covers haha. just because they were £8

Never looked at this thread for some reason, however just read every page! This is awesome man. The 172 bumper will look great once fitted. :)

Thanks dude! :) things don't happen as quickly as I'd like, but that's the joys of being a student!

nice car, bet it cost ya bout £35 in petrol haha. I know what its like when ya want something though haha, i did an 2 hour trip for the door sill covers haha. just because they were £8

Yeah was a real case of, I want it now, let's go haha. Was only about £20 in fuel tbh, she's quite good!

Fitted it this morning, went perfectly except the exhaust cut out is slightly off. b****cks.

DSC00114_zps4f56d7ef.jpg

DSC00120_zpsc91f8602.jpg

DSC00121_zpsa92c5769.jpg

Colour match is near perfect, just hard to tell when the car's under a layer of crap. Really annoyed by the cutout :(

JLK

1.2 Replica
Thanks dude! :) things don't happen as quickly as I'd like, but that's the joys of being a student!

Yeah was a real case of, I want it now, let's go haha. Was only about £20 in fuel tbh, she's quite good!

Fitted it this morning, went perfectly except the exhaust cut out is slightly off. b****cks.

DSC00114_zps4f56d7ef.jpg

DSC00120_zpsc91f8602.jpg

DSC00121_zpsa92c5769.jpg

Colour match is near perfect, just hard to tell when the car's under a layer of crap. Really annoyed by the cutout :(

That's unlucky mate! could you not try and get the exhaust over to the left with some new brackets or anything?

That's unlucky mate! could you not try and get the exhaust over to the left with some new brackets or anything?

I'll probably just take it somewhere and say, look, problem, see? Fix. Only just stopped the exhaust sagging so I'm about fed up with it! Haha.

Next thing to sort are the front brakes, then it's MOT time -.-

172 Rep
100% could re mount the exhaust ! I'd bet you a tenner on it hah!

esy7upu2.jpg

Mine was exactly the same and look at the end result ? Don't give up hope lol