ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

100% complete 172RWD! - updated

ibiza cupra
what you need to do is get going on it again and hit a mile stone so you feel like you have acheived something. then it will bring back the motivation to finish it.
you cant just give up. youve done most of the hard work.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Whats the problems mate, anything you need advice with?

Seemed like a relatively straightforward build from the quick skim Ive had of the thread.

Where in somerset are you? I dont mind coming round and offering some bits of info based on my experience of my mid engined nova and what has and hasnt worked well with it.

big boost cup
Whats the problems mate, anything you need advice with?

Seemed like a relatively straightforward build from the quick skim Ive had of the thread.

Where in somerset are you? I dont mind coming round and offering some bits of info based on my experience of my mid engined nova and what has and hasnt worked well with it.

IIRC its sat on the ramps at Ktec atm

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah fair enough, well then the only problem will be paying for it I guess.

assumed he was doing the work himself!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Yes it's getting finished off now.
still will be couple months poss july/aug.
It can be staight foward if u have time and money.
Helps if you know what you're doing too!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
i still laugh at the bit where you drove into the post because no brakes.
Yes well funny lol.
I had handbrake set up but was not routed very good.
I don't a trail run worked ok.
Then my brother and mates turned up and said they wanted to see it
so I drove it out then lit up the rear wheels to turn round then let off staight away!
And I expected it to stop as it did times before but instead it felt like it sped up!!!!
I swerved left and right and rammed it into 1st gear so hit garage entrance about 10mph.
Nearly took my arm off on the wall too!
Got proper brakes fitted,engine been rebuilt
for better things later.
Loads been done too it now inc polycarb windows
Naca vents,hydr clutch,new brakes;-)
race technology dash2.
v6 engine covers,new looms,new front and rear strut
braces and top mounts,coolant pipes,fuel pipes,
New seats,new seat belts,carbon bonnet(cheap)
new steering wheel and spacer,new oe wheels,
Spacers f+r,new front end lights,bumper,wings,plastics,various brackets for
fuel tank,battery,swirl pots,pumps,fans,subframe to rear hubs,
Rear v6 cover.
New gear linkage.
New carbon door skins.
Rear carpet on bulkhead.
New exhaust system .
New turbo piping.
Plus lots more.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think you are going to have some fairly serious heat management issues if you run it with a v6 engine cover on it, turbos and enclosures arent a great combination.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Don't worry there's a big hole in the bottom of the engine bay,2x76mm scoops feed air,fan assisted chargecooler rad,davies Craig water pump,awt charge pump,and 2x3inch duct fans,Might add a turbo water cooler rad later too.It will be cooler than in the front of the car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Don't worry there's a big hole in the bottom of the engine bay,2x76mm scoops feed air,fan assisted chargecooler rad,davies Craig water pump,awt charge pump,and 2x3inch duct fans,Might add a turbo water cooler rad later too.It will be cooler than in the front of the car.

IME, that wont be enough. You just need some way of the air passing through easily in big quantities.
Put a temp sender in the bay, and see how high it goes when its used in anger, bet you will be shocked!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
v6 side ducts? would they provide sufficient cooling?

They would help a lot.

Getting a path for the air to be able to flow out the back is very useful too.

I simply remove the rear window to achieve this at trackdays for example. I also have some 2" or so holes cut into the rear window to allow air to flow through it when its in place.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
why not make some clever air feeds going through the boot lid and out of the spoiler? a trophy spoiler would be perfect for that...

there will be better solutions but i think the go fasteer holes in the T spoiler would be the most awesome :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
why not make some clever air feeds going through the boot lid and out of the spoiler? a trophy spoiler would be perfect for that...

there will be better solutions but i think the go fasteer holes in the T spoiler would be the most awesome :p

Anything along those lines is a good idea, having an exit path for the air is as important as an inlet for it, flow requires both.