ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Anti-Corrosion Warrenty

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I have a Clio 16v which has an anti-corrosion warrenty till October this year. 1 of my rear quarter panels has bubbling paint from the lower part of the arch caused by rust coming through.

So surly this is covered in the gaurentee, only im guessing they can worm out of replacing the panel some how. Can any1 help? Thanx, Mikey.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

1995 registered in October with 8 years anti-corrosion warrenty in the contract. Needless to say im not the 1st owner, im the 3rd, any help mate?

Mondeo STTDCI

Not a clue I would call up Reno and ask them tho. U will probably find it applies only to first owner

Willy2

if you take off the rear door cards you will see the reno botch job, my valver is bubbling on the drivers side rear arch, but on the pass side its fine, if you look carefully you will see that reno have some rustproofing on the inside of all the panels, on the drivers side it goes up to just before the rear arch but on the passenger side the rustproofing goes all the way back to the tailgate, so my theory is that if reno had done the job properly in the first place on the drivers side there would be no bubblin!

Dang & Mikey get thoise rear door cards off and check it out, if it not been done proper get back to reno ASAP and get it sorted, but the only thing i will say is that reno could say that the car was MADE on (whatever date) and registered in Oct 95, if the manufactur date is before you may have problems getting them to do it. Sadly its too late for my 93 reg valver but i wanna get mine sorted ASAP.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

No; got the official expiry date in front of me as October 2003 but how will they claim this is invalid even though it still is gaurenteed up to that date? I am a little scepticle that they will replace my panel with-out any hasle if i just walk into Reno and say replace my rear quarter panel as the paint is bubbling and it is still covered under my anti-corrosion gaurentee, thanks.

Yep would explain why its only on my drivers side too. How can u tell if its been rust proofed?

U think itll only apply to the first owner? :( I will phone them but wanna know what rights i have b4 hand. Cheers, Mikey.

clio williams, Ph1 172

you won;t get nowt outta it mate. you have to have it checked or somethin every few years. if ur service book hasnt been stamped up for checks they aint liable.

Yup, have a look in the service book. Any scratch, chip, ding or dent has to be repaired by Renault (no doubt at usual extortionate price) over the course of 8 years for the warrenty to be valid. Ive got the same bubbling on the driver side but Im just going to pay to have it refinished. Not by Renault, I might add!

Willy2

the rust proofing is an orangy brown colour, there must be someone who works for reno here! i would still give it a try and kick up a massive stink! I think if you go in level headed you may be able to blag it, anyway you look at it, its their negligence, if they had done it proper on both sides you wouldnt be there!;)