ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 insurance@20

LY 200

Right im just 20, no points on licence, been drivin 2yrs 2mths and soon to have a years ncd and im currently paying just short of 1300 tpft on my valver with elephant!!!

Whats the score on insuring the above for someone of my age???

Cheers

LY 200

Jees 1300s alot for insurance so 2k would take the biscuit!!!

Take it that would be fc tho???

172 mk2

i know mines a different car but i pay £800 full comp all mods declared on a lupo Gti and im 20 yrs old with 3yrs ncd

LY 200

Yeah but lupos are in the same cat as valvers, vtss, 106 gtis etc and your 3 years ncd would help a fair bit id imagine!!!

CupCake for summin thats worth over 7k it would be criminal not to go fully comp anyway!!!

ST

Quote: Originally posted by ant_oneill on 19 January 2005

im 20 and theres only one company that would insure me, but i had to go on my mums policy

it costs £3,600 a year :mad:
Wow, bit much! I got quoted £1720 on a mk2 172 with elephant with only 2 years no claims under my own name at 20, will be 21 in november. But im waiting til summer 06 to change to a 172.

Im 19....on a 182...fully comp my policy, ELEPHANT

£1800.........

Id get that checked mat seems a bit too substantial...!!

Try adding people on your policy as named drivers, that will bring it down.??

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 19 January 2005

Wow, bit much! I got quoted £1720 on a mk2 172 with elephant with only 2 years no claims under my own name at 20, will be 21 in november. But im waiting til summer 06 to change to a 172.

£1720 on a 172....I LIKE THAT..!

Quote: Originally posted by Kiev85 on 19 January 2005
Im 19....on a 182...fully comp my policy, ELEPHANT £1800.........Id get that checked mat seems a bit too substantial...!!Try adding people on your policy as named drivers, that will bring it down.??

so youre a year younger than me, in a more powerful car, on your own insurance.... and your premium is half what mine is?!

im sure i phoned elephant and they wouldnt insure me

Quote: Originally posted by ant_oneill on 19 January 2005

so youre a year younger than me, in a more powerful car, on your own insurance.... and your premium is half what mine is?!

im sure i phoned elephant and they wouldnt insure me

This is my second year with elephant...first year i paid something rediculous like £3500...

Its now down to £1800...

Ive only got 1ync with elephant...

Id try again mate..!

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 19 January 2005

I was 21, 1 years NCD and I got insured on my 172 for about 1200.
I am in the same situation, but my quotes a like £2000 + wtf!

ST

All depends on where you live too! Im in a Glasgow post code and it isnt too bad. Kiev, is EK in a Glasgow post code too?

clio sport mk1 golf

he he i onl;y pay £200 a year for a modded clio. But i live in the middle of knowwhere and have an advanced license.

LY 200

^^^Thats well good mate!!!

The best insurers seem to want more than that for me on a williams and about the same for my valver!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Kiev85 on 19 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 19 January 2005

£1720 on a 172....I LIKE THAT..!

so do i! did you call on the 1st april or what?

182BG

There was no way in hell i was gonna get insured on my Cup (20yrs 0 ncd)

i had to go on my dads which is costing me £900 fc

yeh post code does seem to effect it too, its really high in my area!!!

Remapped derv Golf

Frosty got his cup at 19 and was paying about 1800.

Is the Cup higher than 172s and 182s?

I just ran though some sample quotes and the 172 was lower. Only about £30 though.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 21 January 2005

Frosty got his cup at 19 and was paying about 1800.

Is the Cup higher than 172s and 182s?

I just ran though some sample quotes and the 172 was lower. Only about £30 though.
Could be because the cup is slightly quicker to 60 and it doesnt have ABS/traction etc?