ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 strut top knocking fix

soon to be a 200
No just standard trophy set up . I have two of the washers if any one wants them free first to pm address and i will send them .

you've been PMd

it would be quite ironic if your washers arrived with me before the one's ive paid for from YozzaSport 2 weeks ago!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
keeper, did you notice the steering was lighter????

Mine still catches but nowhere near as bad.

s**t does this affect the steering..jesus did not know this does it make it worse or better guys?..i think yozza is aware aint he probably why you aint received them yet fubar

soon to be a 200
I have just measured the diameter of the ones Fred from Yozza sent and they are 34mm in diameter. I thought as first post suggests they should be 40mm.

have these been sent yet?

I received Keepers' washers free of charge within 15 hours of posting... yet its taken 2 weeks so far to receive the £10 ones i ordered from a reputable company? :nono:

After fitting the washers I still get a knock on the driver side.

Put full lock to the right ie as when the knock would occur on and had a look at the top struts, the driver side rubber is def. sitting higher than the other side, is this normal?

Cheers

R35 GTR
i should have a few pairs available this week and can get them made up any time I want. If anyone wants a set let me know.

Hope somebody can help, after looking through the entire thread, the pic. of the top cap sitting above the bodywork after fitting the washer is exactly what I have on the drivers side. This is where the knocking comes from

I did not remove the compression nut, also there was alot of wear around the bodywork when fitting!! Really worried now as I either have a big problem or the previous owner got Renault to do their fix.

Any ideas as I have an mot soon, and would reaslly like to get this fixed.

IMG_0614.jpg

Put the rubber doughnut thing back on again as well - The 3mm Washer clears the doughnut off the turret as seen above.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Hi sorry to bring this up again, but could someone please rest my mind.

Is this how it looks after fitting, as this is exactly how mine looks and I did not remove the compression nut.

Thanks again :)

Blue 182
CAN SOME ONE TELL HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN I WILL NEED THIS MINE MAKES A NOISE WHEN I TURN HARD LIFT OUT OF MY PARKING SPOT 1st THING IN THE MORNING ONLY WOULD THIS BE IT, AND IS IT A MOT FAILURE, COZ I GOT 1ST MOT SOON, OR IS IT WHEN YOU JUST DRIVE ALONG THANKS lozer@ntlworld.com

Last edited:
  Cooper S JCW
Empty envelope recieved Fred - your flyer is in there but it looks like someone at the Royal Mail has decided to open a corner. Sorry the sorting machine must have ripped it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lionel Richie
you're not the only one Joe, Fubar recieved a ripped envelope also

f*****s, we'll re send some out recorded delivery in armoured parcels! and then send the bill to the tossers!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
That doesn't look right in the photo. Why is there a nut on the top, the rubber doughnut thing contains the nut I thought.

Rob669

IMG_0614.jpg

Put the rubber doughnut thing back on again as well - The 3mm Washer clears the doughnut off the turret as seen above.
[/QUOTE]

Hi sorry to bring this up again, but could someone please rest my mind.

Is this how it looks after fitting, as this is exactly how mine looks and I did not remove the compression nut.

Thanks again :)[/QUOTE]