ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup boosted track toy!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Re: 172 Cup track toy!

It's a recliner so not as snug as a full bucket. My big ass fits in with room to spare so you should be fine. Lol

172 cup, Impreza P1

Got the oil changed today after reaching 200 miles with the millers running in oil. Changed to some top quality halfords semi 10w40. Then went out a drive and managed another 70 miles so only another 230 or so to go. I'm varying the load, rpm and increasing boost slightly now. I'm not revving it more than 4.5k just now and keeping boost to about 0.3bar.

Not long hopefully and the oil and filter will be changed again to millers nano drive then I can see what this thing can do. I will need to get it back to scoff for some more mapping but this might have to wait till next year now.

Cup In bits

Have you been advised to give it some aswell, slackens them off but it's hard on a turbo unless the map is near enough perfect. Burning pistons is too easy. You don't have to redline but give it some up the revs.

My pal had a n/a C20XE built for his Westfield racecar to 280bhp spec and wasnt hard enough on it running in and only made 250bhp. The guy who built it said he wasn't harsh enough on running it in, one of the best engine builders in Ireland aswell , he does everyone's high power n/a mk2's in paddy land.

172 cup, Impreza P1

First 100 miles I revved it to 3k with little boost if any. Next 100 miles I have been taking it to 4.5k with a little boost of about 0.3 bar.

Now I'm on the semi 10w40 I am going to give it a little more boost and take it to about 5k over the next 100 miles then up to 6k over the next 200 with 0.5 bar of boost.

Once the fully is in there it will get the full beans as the boost controller will be on. The map if anything is on the safe side so shouldn't have too many issues there unless the boost is upped in any way.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

My first engine was run in on the engine dyno, but every other one I've built after that has been driven like I stole it! Lol! I've never had one fail, or make poor power for that matter so that goes nicely with what swede cup is saying! Lol!

I run mineral oil as well for the first 400-500 miles rather than semi/fully synthetic. It's sitting with the engine at a constant rpm/load thats no good.

Cup In bits

Did that exact same when I bought my new motorbike, the salesman said take it easy the first 500/1000 miles. So I divided that lower figure by 10 and then gave it rod, went like a good ene after that lol.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Doubt it mow mate. Not got enough time to get the miles on, change the oil and filter again and give it a good going over in prep for track before then with the arrival of my baby son last week. I might still pop up to put some more miles on it and say hello but don't think I'll be on track.

I plan to get it ready for the trackscotland track day at knockhill on the 3rd of november.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Dude you engine will be run in.... give it beans.

Went for a blast yesterday and did just that. Sounds good and pulls hard at only 0.5bar of boost.

Also, checked with my infrared heat gun the temp difference after a good thrashing of the down pipe and the brake master cylinder. The down pipe with ceramic coating and titanium wrap was still reading off the scale (so over 400deg) and the master cylinder with nimbus heat shield and heat jacket was only 73deg. They are only mm's from each other so I think that's not too bad at all.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Hopefully the Pug comes through Sunday ok, if so I'll book the 3rd if there's spaces. (4 left ATM.)

172 cup, Impreza P1

I still haven't booked yet but will be soon once I know everything is fine with the run in.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Hopefully the Pug comes through Sunday ok, if so I'll book the 3rd if there's spaces. (4 left ATM.)

That's me just booked for the 3rd. A few more spaces have been added but they won't be there for long.

Ordered myself some new ball joints and track rod ends to tighten up the front end as there is some play.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

No point booking till I know the cars ok. Can't get my usual trailer that day either.. Know anyone with one?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

LOL!!! Found a place on Gumtree, based in the East End.. £35

172 cup, Impreza P1

Good stuff and a good price. Hopefully the wheels don't fall off on route! :p

225 meg

hopefully pop up to KH to see this on the 3rd, after seeing it yesterday actually cant wait to see it out on track :)

172 cup, Impreza P1

hopefully pop up to KH to see this on the 3rd, after seeing it yesterday actually cant wait to see it out on track :)

How you doing mate? It was good chatting to you yesterday. Catch you on the 3rd for it's debut track outing. :eek:

225 meg

How you doing mate? It was good chatting to you yesterday. Catch you on the 3rd for it's debut track outing. :eek:

yeah should be up for it hopefully bring the boy up with me let him see some of the amazing cars on show, hope the car runs good for you ;)

172 cup, Impreza P1

yeah should be up for it hopefully bring the boy up with me let him see some of the amazing cars on show, hope the car runs good for you ;)

There is always a really good selection of cars so you should see and hear some epic machines.

Hope so too mate, fingers crossed. :p

225 meg

There is always a really good selection of cars so you should see and hear some epic machines.

Hope so too mate, fingers crossed. :p
well the boy has been asking me to take him up but its a bit much to take hime up for a full day, but hopefully on the 3rd a should get him up for a couple of hours
, let him see your wee toy too :)

hes only 5 and has got a thing for blue subaru's with gold wheels :p

172 cup, Impreza P1

well the boy has been asking me to take him up but its a bit much to take hime up for a full day, but hopefully on the 3rd a should get him up for a couple of hours
, let him see your wee toy too :)

hes only 5 and has got a thing for blue subaru's with gold wheels :p

A full day is a bit long as you say for the wee man but 4 hours is not bad. Hope he likes my toy now that you've built it up. :S

Like his thinking on Subaru's but get the gold wheel idea out of his head and replace it with anthracite. Colour scheme of my P1. :approve:

See you and your boy then.