ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Insurance

172 Cup
Struggling with decent quotes for my new 172 cup:

Standard car
30yr old
Homeowner
Garaged etc
10yrs ncd
No points or claims
2nd car so no commuting
4000miles limit.

Best i can get is 496 through gocompare
Flux is 695
Greenlight say they wont insure a 172?!
Performance direct 715

Need to call brent acre, but is there anyone else worth trying?

Audi TT 225
Seems about what I was paying to be honest, taking the postcode lottery into account, I was 430 with Hastings Direct (31, 9 years NCD, Home, Kept on Drive, 10k per year, inc. Commuting)

Currently with greenlight on a TT.

Could try Chris Knott insurance here: http://www.chrisknott.co.uk

Edit: Just had a little play and with your details and my post code Hastings Essential was 444 for me.

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225
The problem with the Cup is insurers see it as a high risk, no ABS, traction control, high accident statistics. With Mods declared I'm actually paying less on the TT!

Seems quite high to me.

I have a non-cup 172.

Kept in driveway
4 yr NCB
Social and commuting
6 points
8000 miles year
Mods declared (wheels and springs)

I'm £390 with quotemehappy.com.

German V6
For me it would be about £20,000 flol.

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Stupid postcode ruins it for me. Still payin 500 fc at 32 no pts or claims. 8 yr ncb

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Got mine with Adrian flux. All mods declared (a full page of them) 6yrs no claims. No accidents/claims for over 5 years. I'm 27 in a good postcode. 3000 limited miles. £445 and I had a £50 off voucher. Was happy with that!

Admiral for me
23, 2NCB as was named driver.
Cup
On the drive, although doesn't make a penny difference.
£500

garaged is often more expensive , ours is on the drive , no limited miles with business use added and we pay 720 , zero no claims as this was another additional car .

FWIW our S4 cabriolet is insured onthe same deal and this year quote me happy has it at £369 with 8 years NCD , and yes 43 but declared accident (no fault) and points .

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Not baiting, but honestly what would you be happy with as a quote?, bare in mind that the Cup is an insurance group 16D (or 31 if you go by the new insurance group system)?

172 Cup
400 quid seems a nice figure danny lol. Final figure seems to be 440, not too bad I guess.

Can someone explain the cheaper if on the road thing though?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Amazed.

Changing to 'on the drive' takes it to £364!!

Thanks harv, I owe you a beer or two.

Will it be parked on the street all the time though? Or will you be putting it on the drive?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Try swift cover, always been way way cheaper than anyone else for me and the mrs.

172 Cup
Will it be parked on the street all the time though? Or will you be putting it on the drive?

Think you mis-understood mate. I went from "in the garage" (which is where it lives) to "on the drive" - and this reduced the quote by c.£80!!!