ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CUP Prices

Clio 172 Cup
Most people are in the same situation though! Unless its a company car or its leased, you will loose money but so will everyone else who has bought their car! The people who it favors are 1st time buyers! Millions of people own their own car and we will all be affected, you might loose a fair amount of cash on a 172 or a type r but so will everyone else who is selling and its going to be cheeper to buy your next used car because prices have come down! If your 172 looses 20% of its value in 2 years, so will allot of the other cars witch were the same market value at the time of your purchase!

I was going to by a type r but it was £1500 moor with an extra 40k on the clock. If i sell my cup in a year with 50k i don't think a civic type r with 100k witch is older will hold its value any better! And type r's are way to common.

... We can resurect this thread in a couple of years and see who is right. In the next couple of years people are going to be trying their hardest to pay the mortgage and fill the car they currently have with fuel (tipped to go over £2 a litre by the end of the year), buying a fast car will be the last thing on peoples mind.

In a couple of years even the 197 will be 'old news' as renault will release a new version. It's the way things are.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Type R's are common for one reason and that is reliability, there damn solid cars and itll run off the clock and back again befre itll break!

I always think a cars reliability can be decided on the "clunk" the door shut makes, a honda just feels good!

The next few years wont be normal years for car depreciation. There is a massive recession coming, and used car prices are going to plummet like a stone.

There is a credit crunch, and finding 5k for a car when you have no access to credit is almost impossible for most people. For this reason (the drying up of credit ie loans) used car prices are going to head south very quickly from here.

The boom is over, welcome to the bust.

In the next 5 years youll also see very few supercars made. I read a great artical once about supercars and how their manufacture coincides with times of easy credit, but they dissapear when credit levels dry up.

Expect loads of 4x4's and porsche boxsters in the autotrader in the next 6 months.

a very good post...:clap:

I mentioned in an earlier post that car prices would be influenced by the availability of loans. And lo, an artical appears in the Financial Times a few days later.

Finance dries up for subprime car buyers

By Tom Burgis and Sharlene Goff
Published: May 23 2008 20:31 | Last updated: May 23 2008 20:31

Subprime will be first, next will follow the prime, just as with the housing market. Welcome to the credit crunch.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/50919e34-28fd-11dd-96ce-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

I mentioned in an earlier post that car prices would be influenced by the availability of loans. And lo, an artical appears in the Financial Times a few days later.

Finance dries up for subprime car buyers

By Tom Burgis and Sharlene Goff
Published: May 23 2008 20:31 | Last updated: May 23 2008 20:31

Subprime will be first, next will follow the prime, just as with the housing market. Welcome to the credit crunch.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/50919e34-28fd-11dd-96ce-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

i noticed that the sales of used cars seemed to stall from last august...

prices actually started falling from this year though...

SLK 350
It certainly is a buyers market at the moment - ive seen so many bargains recently.

If only i had an infinte bank balance and the space of a mid west american cattle farm in which to keep them!

Buy a ranch, can't give them away in the US atm, 4/5 bedrooms places for sub 100k lol