ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Toy

TTRS & V50
Good update. Attention to detail is nice.

Rear ARB is one thing i might look into when i get worth-while suspension.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Looking good mate. How do you find the power delivery with the catcam 428's?

172 Cup
Marky, yea I'm waiting for them to go but they have actualy been really good. no problems with them.

Quads, delievery is very good. comes all the way from down low. would defiently say use a descent custom map with them though instead just using your average upgrade map.

I have also been back over to Freds today and did a bit of purchasin. will get pics up later once I'm back on my comp.

172 Cup
Ok so finaly got a picture. Not the best as makes it look patchy. Its not in real life, just light in a few areas. Im happy anyway

242_4238.jpg

And yes crappy standard passenger seat at the moment :dapprove:

Right so as said i went over to Freds today. Came away a bit lighter of money. So basically i was fed up of the awful k-tec stealth exhaust, cheap crappy restriction in my opion. Its a perfectly fine exhaust for your average normal road car but as its not and im spending money on other areas i do not want that holding it back. So thats going and a beautiful yozzasport race system has been brought. Got to say i am very very impressed with the quality.

Unforently its not fitted yet as the jioning pipe i am using for the 182 manifold to the 172 exhaust is too long so hopefully will be going to Fred soon for that to be sorted.

but heres some pictures of the difference between the two and some of the brillaint craftsmenship in the YS.

242_4239.jpg

242_4242.jpg

242_4243.jpg

242_4244.jpg

242_4245.jpg

242_4247.jpg

242_4248.jpg

242_4250.jpg

242_4251.jpg

242_4252.jpg

242_4254.jpg

242_4255.jpg

242_4256.jpg

Love the quality, really looking forward to it getting fitted.

And a little ***** picture to end with
242_4259.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Another who shares my opinion that the stealth is shite!!! They are poor and over priced imo, like all Ktec stuff.

172 Cup
Did look good quality. Did get about 200 pictures of the exhaust before realising i may of gone over the top!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Those yozza race's sound f**king mint, you'll love it! Seats look tasty too! :approve:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Bloody hell, spooky car. I'm currently running kw v2's, whiteline arb, and YS race system.

172 Cup
cheers for the comments guys

Next up is too do a little to the brakes. awaiting a quote from the good man Fred and i will decided on what i am doing

i had the yozza race system on my cup too sounded wicked!!! wish i never got rid of it now tho:(

love your car mate

172 Cup
UPDATE

Right so went over to Freds yesterday to get my exhaust jioning pipe adjusted. So the exhaust is now fully fitted, is so much better. Also not as loud as i thought it would be, allot better sounding then the k-tec. Even quiter below 4k as the ktec just gave of a deep droaning noise. Then in the high revs its a brilliant sound. So glad i got rid of the k-tec.

So today i got the car on stands to have a quick check of everything and got a few pics the exhaust.

So dirty
243_4314.jpg

243_4316.jpg

243_4317.jpg

243_4318.jpg

243_4318.jpg

Also got a set of rear 1degree camber shims from Fred whilst i was over there.
243_4322.jpg

So the plans over the next weeks is get the shims fitted. Replace the bearings out of the rear discs, only had them a few months but the bearings are ruined already. Just need to find out what size they are and get them ordered from GSF.

120d M Sport
I saw this on Fred's drive before all the work was done, it looked brilliant then. Must be very well sorted now.

340i
This is like a "cup" version of my car, the guy obviously has taste...

Same coilovers

Same top mounts

Same ARB

Same exhaust

Although the interior stripping doesn't look as dedicated ;)

LOL!

172 Cup
Interior stripping isnt dedicated. The only thing left is the dash and there is no way thats coming out!lol

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Think I may take a leaf out of your book regarding you Cup.......looks spot on!

Mine requires less show more GO!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
"Also got a set of rear 1degree camber shims from Fred whilst i was over there."

Hi I thought these were no longer available? how much are they if you dont mind? pm if you wish.

Nice work :)

172 Cup
What a crap weekend.
Started off with thinking i will get the rear bearings checked as they have become very noisy and i could do shims at the same time.

Stripped it all down. One side done and sorted fine. The other... o dear....Started tighting the stub pin plate back on, Before the nut had even touch the face the bolt snapped. No force at all, werent even a snap, just turned it self clean off. OK no problem new bolt, nowhere has one at 3o'clock on a saturday. One place has a random spare one but no tensile marked on but thought ok will try. Well i think it was made from paper. Thread destroyed as soon as it touched the face. As a temp measure i thought id use a normal bolt untill i could get a Renault one, NO! Pings loose when it has weight on it due to it not being countersunk. Just destroyed the washer.

Next, one of the rubber bushes for the rear topmount has split slightly so needs replacing. But is a KW part!Wooo that should be fun to get. Also the thread on the top of the damper is perfect except one little nig which is now stopping the nut from going down. So standard damper untill my mate takes it too work tomorrow to get it sorted.

All in all i now need two new rear bearings, get them this week hopefully then just need to get them pressed in. So just now got a cold week getting to work.

Car looks good pal! I hope it will be present when I pop my car in for the torsion beam work next week so I can have a good look!

172 Cup
Update

Right so havnt done much for a while but have got/fitted some new brakes.
Compbrake 295mm 4pots
Before
243_4387.jpg

After
IMG_0013.jpg

Very close to my 15" track wheels. The wheel weights hit the calipers so they will need to be moved but no biggy really.

Found this picture aswell that i rather like so thought id stick it up
IMG_0006.jpg

Ending on a bit of a bad point though. May be out of a job soon, not a bad thing really as been out of the car trade the last year really so want to get back into it fully meaning i may be strapped for cash whilst get back on me feet and in search of some work with someone with some experience. So do not know what will happen with the car. May have to go :( may have to take it off the road for a while, Will have to wait and see.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Sorry to hear about the lack of work mate, hope things turn out ok. It's a lovely car and would be a real shame to have to let it go.

On the positive - nice brakes!

TTRS & V50
Brakes looking good. Love this cup, one of my faves for sure. Sorry to hear about the jib front. Should take it off the road rather than sell, by all means.

Evo 8 MR
Looks mint, a lot of inspiration for new cup owners for sure. Are those yozza race systems available off the shelf?

M

mini-valver

Please dont just fire those shims in. You'll end up with about 3mm toe in on each side. 30 minutes of neg camber gives 1mm toe in on an X85 with shims so the mk2 will be very very similar.

Looks MEGA though mate, proper :)