ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Toy

Lionel Richie
Aron, you need to spend a bit more time at my place, if the cup racers ran it - ok

powerflex? on a cup racer? no, the end

Sigh! Who mentioned cup racers...?

- Pair of new wishbones = £??
- Set of new bushes (As said I didnt care weather they improved performance or did this or did that b*llocks etc) = £60

Now you can't buy the standard bushes from Renault seperate can you, so what if I wanted my wishbones powdercoating bright pink? Cant be running wishbones with no bushes...

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Engine mounts will just go to standards. Not wasting my money on the "uprated" ktec mounts.

I fitted brand new oe mounts to mine, then 5k miles later fitted the ktec ones. The ktec ones make the car feel much better! Definately not a waste of money.

172 Cup
To be honest I think I do fred. Well new set of wishbones. I can get for £30 do half price to powerflex. I don't realy know what the cup cars did or didn't run, never had the pleasure if working on one.

Rich the engine mounts I am just not a fan of the vibrations. They just piss me off for an argueable gain. If I was to swap the mounts every 5k it wouldn't bother me as it would be 20k before I am paying the same price as the ktecs. Not going to happen.

Yea foxy that's what I am thinking about in regards the box. Mine should hopefullly last a little longer, just won't sound healthy.

172 Cup
Hmmm well that wishbone price was £30 each which is a bit steep considering. Anyone know anywhere that sell for a descent price?

172 Cup
IMG_0079.jpg

Poor wheels, lucky it is just the brake dust that has gone rusty not the wheel itself

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough about the mounts, you doget a fair bit of vibration! I don't change mine every 5k lol, I bought new ones and it still knocked every now and then so went for ktec ones.

172 Cup
Well been driving on the new pads a bit recently and am very impressed with them over the DS2500's. Got to say though i am tempted to go back onto the standard the calipers so if anyone is interested in these let me know.

172 Cup
Right so had the first track day of the year yesterday and it went very well.

Car performed amazingly all day. Started off as a wet day but dried up for the after lunch so go some good sessions in.
Car felt amazing and seemed to have so much grip in both the wet and the dry.

Will get some pictures up as soon as i get them.

172 Cup
OK so here are some pictures. As you can see it was fairly wet but still lots of grip.
IMG_9889.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

IMG_9882.jpg

IMG_9857.jpg

IMG_9522.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Had been playing with the camber settings last weekend so that was fun but have noticed there was still allot of wear on the outside of the front left.

Brakes have also basically gone through the discs in a day which is supprising.

Great read the car looks good,as stated great attention to detail and using the right parts, I'm hoping to follow a similar spec with mine but have to retain the interior.Hoping to contact Fred for some pricing and work in the future, running the car as standard for the season and see how it goes.

Regards Russ..

172 Cup
I use r888's mate. Yea there is but nothing to worry about. Am using kw v2's so nothing I can really do

TrackCar & F30 330d
I miss my R888's

What cold pressures did you use on the R888's in the wet?

I'v only ever used them on dry trackdays.

172 Cup
God damn car is annoying me. Since the weekend i have had a knock on the front end. You can only feel it through the floor. Mainly on the passenger side but can be felt on the drivers slightly. Theres not feed back through the steering or pedals.

Had checked tightness on everything but not found it so looks like i will have to strip the front end down and check everything over.

53 Clio's & counting
Check the stud that goes through the gearbox mount, mine worked loose a few times and has caused this exact problem mate, on mine the nut works loose on the bottom of the stud

172 Cup
Yea i was runing close onto 4-5 degrees of camber. so over kill really but gald i did.

Driveshaft is new so hopefully not that. Doesnt sound or feel like it at all. Will try the gearbox mount.

172 Cup
Not got round to stripping the front as been bust but the bottom mount is ok. The front bolts where slightly loose but made no difference. Everything on the front is fine. Just the passenger driveshaft seems to move allot in the gearbox so need to get that replaced I think. It's only a thousand miles old aswell

172 Cup
Was a Dave Mac driveshaft. Was done through a mate at central autos but has now left so hes trying to chase for me at the moment.

172 Cup
Only double the price but at least it mite last. Am waiting to hear if its covered by warrenty as will just replace as it was through driveline who have gone bust.