ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Track/Fast Road car.

Yeah I wear ear plugs and my helmet - but I don't like wearing them on the road because I might not hear an ambulance or whatever..

I know really it should be on a trailer but I haven't had time/money to go buying trailers and tow cars this year :(

Well yet again K-Tec have delivered. They said they could get me some Oreca door cards in 2 weeks (in time for FCS) and yesterday they arrived!
Massive thanks to Martin and Sean at K-Tec for sorting me out

It took me all afternoon to get them fitted, you have to open the holes up for the door handles a fair bit to get them to fit, and drill a few places for some plastic clips.
The rears I just fitted with velcro and they seem fine, they just need trimming in a few places for a better fit, but that can wait till after FCS.
The finish on them isn't brilliant - there's a lot of white dots where the black coat is quite thin - but I'm going to cut some speaker holes in them after FCS and get them painted gloss black so it doesn't bother me at all :)

I've also fitted a helmet net and tidied all the wiring up in the car. I replaced the oil pressure sender and that's now working as it should too. I'd say the interior is 100% finished and I'm really happy with it - it turned out a lot better than I expected it would :D

DSCF0286.jpg

DSCF0287.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

Oh almost forgot - I re-wired the electric window switches into some universal switches on the dashboard too
I've written up some bits for a guide if anyone needs one :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Car's looking great Phil. I think Ken was expecting to see you at Blyton a few weeks ago.

Oh almost forgot - I re-wired the electric window switches into some universal switches on the dashboard too
I've written up some bits for a guide if anyone needs one :)
The guide would be useful. :cheers:

Yeah I was hoping to go over and take some pics but last minute family BBQ happened instead :(
I reckon we're going to have to get a load of the CS lot together for a Blyton day - it's quite local and cheap

I'll write the guide up when I get back from FCS sometime next week :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Yeah I was hoping to go over and take some pics but last minute family BBQ happened instead :(
I reckon we're going to have to get a load of the CS lot together for a Blyton day - it's quite local and cheap

I'll write the guide up when I get back from FCS sometime next week :)
I'd be in for that. :approve:

Looks good Phil :) They are really robust even if the finish isn't 100%! See you on Sunday

Yeah - I've already had to kick the drivers one a few times to stop the door slamming on me in the wind while trying to climb out lol - they're plenty strong enough and that's what matters really

See you sunday mate :)

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Those door cards (the whole interior infact) look very nice! I don't think we have the budget for some yet so will probably end up making an alternative.

Guide for switches would be welcomed here too - when you get time :)

Yeah it was mate - but I was in the pits all morning and on track. Then I parked up on the 106owners stand in the afternoon as I had to man the marquee :(

I'll be at Cliosport Saturday though :)

Astra H vxr
ahhhh what a good read mate :) car is lovely its well weird, i was reading your thread and the more i read the more i started to reconise your car then it clicked, on saturday night just gone before french car show i stayed in the premier inn by donnington i got into my room opened my window and fell in love , and its your car lol knew ive seen it before when i was reading your thread mate lol, lovely car youve got there mate looks so nice in the real world without seeing it on pictures :p

photo-41.jpg

Trafic 140dci
Yeah it was mate - but I was in the pits all morning and on track. Then I parked up on the 106owners stand in the afternoon as I had to man the marquee :(

I'll be at Cliosport Saturday though :)
I wondered why i never saw your car, was actually looking for you too!

Well FCS was "interesting"

My 1st session out was red flagged and stopped - so only got a couple of short laps out
Then 2nd session on stone cold tyres a lad I know in a saxo comes hooning up through the S before the pit straight - way too fast, goes onto the grass, nearly clips the back end of the clio off. Completely ignoring the "overtake only by invite rules" - then goes hooning off down craners and spins off onto the grass in front of me

I was pretty close to killing him in the pits but luckily my mates chilled me out

He's now put up his own video saying I'm just annoyed because his saxo was soo much quicker (he was on hot R888's I was on stone cold Rainsports lol - and it was my 5th ever lap of Donington HERO)

I'll let you all make your own judgement

Needless to say this is exactly why FCS get's such a bad reputation for it
I won't be going anymore - I'm gonna stick to proper track events

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome pics! thanks mate!

Update
The bilsteins after less than 5k use seem to need rebuilding, also needs a cambelt, my tyres are f*cked and the brakes are boiled.
Driving on track is just really pissing me off as the car feels so unfinished. Tyres are awful, can't get the 200bhp down at all, needs a diff and the brakes cook after 15minutes.
I'm not in financially a great position to keep throwing money at the car as I've just moved jobs and moved house which cost a fortune - so the cars going into the garage until next year. It was either that or sell it - and after getting so close to finishing it I can't bring myself to sell it

I'll fit a diff, cambelt, 4pots and r888's over winter and enjoy her next year :D

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
lol, because everyone knows track days are a race really!!

great project dude, car looks really good!!