ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup vs 172 MKI/MKII

Read EVO this month - its there in black and white (and some colour) The Cup beat the V6 and Mk2 172 round the track - theres dozens of quotes which I cant remember but they did praise the Cup eg noticably quicker in a straight line or the 172 would have a hard time keeping up with the cup, more focused etc etc - Laptimes say it all really - bloody good article though well chuffed!!

Stipping the cup soon to 900Kg (same as cupcar) to knock another 111kgs off it and another 0.5sec (New power to weight should be 191BHP/Tonne - also getting a remap and the R_SPort exhaust/filter etc to make 180BHP when its ready!!

I like the idea of the clio cup but dont like the cheapness... I sat in one at the motor show and dont get me wrong on a track day it will be very good but the roads are not racing tracks are they.... (Well not real ones)

On normal roads I do like some electrical things to play with! ABS is a must especially how fast I drive (its got me out some sh*t i can tell ya)

Thing is why dont they uprate the normal 172 so its a little lighter and handles better??? Ie wheel base, camber, lightweight windows etc etc but still keep the nice seats and electrical stuff.