ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 quicker than a 182

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

ive noticed that on the clio sport specs page that the old 172 seems to be quite a noticable amount quicker to 60 than the 182 6.9 (cup 6.7 0.4 secs diff???) compared to 7.1 of the 182, however there isnt alot of diff in the kerb weights of the vehicles, so i dont really understand why they are so diff. any1 driven both the 172s and 182s and is there actually a noticable diff between the cars i know that most 182s wont b run in properly but is this diff apparent when driving/racing the 182? would it be worth saving the extra couple of thou for a 182 instead of buying last of the old 172s considering the massive drop in price of the 172s recently! oppinions pls

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Depends on a) the car in question & b) the driver...

On paper the 182 is quicker though!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Its true though...

As we know there are good and bad 172s about, be the same for 182s and also the driver plays a huge part in the outcome of any race!

Seriously though..I know nothing about 182s, havent been bothered read up on them .. Are they any different to the 172 ??? They look very plain, If i was buying a clio (apart from a v6) Id go for the cup, looks sporty. Why did they bother bring out a 182 ???? I havent a clue so someone can enlighten me. cheers.

Tappd'd RS

you should ask papa!

Sorry I couldnt resist ;)

Run a search on the forum for 182 and you should find out loads of information.

lol............ the missus actually IS called nicole.....strangely enough shes mad into her / our 172.............:)

Tappd'd RS

all the mag articles on the new 182 are very interesting if you havnt already looked at them. In particular EVO and CAR.

Clio v6

And if you dont read any mags, you can buy what you like, and like whatever you like.

( not a driving tale )

Thing about the 182 that i like is that it brings the 172 & 172 Cup together, so the 182 gives me Cup style, while my girl still enjoys her Climate Control...