ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Silver with less than 2000 miles on the clock

S-Max
A close friend of the family has owned since new a 53 plate Silver 172 with all the gadgets, leather, AC or CC (whichever it is). His Mrs who drives the car (or doesn't as the case is) has done 1980 miles since new!!!

What do you think he should be looking for? He is a mechanic so I imagine he has maintained the car himself.

R35 GTR
9000 i guess for such a low mileage car. only if servicing has been carried out to schedule though.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
My mum bought an mx5, it took her 6 months before she had to fill it up! Hardly usd the thing.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My mums the same, did less than 1k in 2 years. Get some pics up though!

Mini Cooper S sport
I was going to say more like 7k, no-one would pay 9k for a 4-year-old car even with such low mileage. Anyway I wouldn't say mileage that low is necessarily a good thing, cars are meant to be driven!

Ad

MK2 FRS
I was going to say more like 7k, no-one would pay 9k for a 4-year-old car even with such low mileage. Anyway I wouldn't say mileage that low is necessarily a good thing, cars are meant to be driven!

yep I agree, you can end up with just as many niggles from lack of use. The other concern is all the usual warranty bits wont have been sorted due to lack of use.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Why the hell did they keep it so long without using it?

Agree . Whats the point of having a car like that and not using it ? You might as well just have a £500 banger , run it into the ground for a year or two then scrap it . Waste of a good car imo .

A cars a tin box on wheels , use it , enjoy it . I really can't see the point in having a car like that just to look at it , lol .

yep I agree, you can end up with just as many niggles from lack of use. The other concern is all the usual warranty bits wont have been sorted due to lack of use.

^^ This man talks sense . I'd rather buy a second hand car thats got 30k on the clock and all or most of the warranty problems sorted .

Its worth 7k tops for me !

Last edited:
  S-Max
I agree, why have a nice car and not use. The reason? They own about 4 other cars and this has been in the garage for most the time. The odd run here and there but no sustained driving. The car would have been well looked after though as the husband is a mechanic, a good one at that as he has sorted lots of my cars in the past.

Personally, I was considering selling my cup, putting about a thousand in and taking it but when he said £9k I was like.....ay???