ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Wheels squealing when not braking!!

My car has recently started squealing constantly on an average drive. It has to be something to do with the brakes because as soon as you touch the brakes slightly the sound dissappears.

If you wobble the steering wheel a bit whilst driving the sound changes pitch etc too. This is well annoying. The discs and pads are standard and I have (according to Renault) 50% wear on the front and 25% wear on the rear. Its been dropped 30mm on 17s but have never had any problem like this until recently.

Any ideas?

Mine had the same - sorted,

Firstly just try and differentiate between frnot and back, ie when driving lift the hannbrake slightly, if it goes its the back uns!!

Mine was the back ones, took em off and they actually wear unevenly, and they move around in the caliper hence the change in pitch and on/off disappearence of the noise. Change the pads and thats that. PS reno want 40 + for rears - halfords cost 12.50 and are spot on mate!

i have exactly the same problem and still havent sorted it, its going in for MOT this week so ill get the garage to look at brake pads etc. well see what happens