ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172cup vs 172 vs 182 vs 182cup

172cup

apologies if this has been posted before...... but.... standard cars here....

what wins

1. round a circuit

2. in a standing sprint

3. 30-100mph+ through the gears

4.100-0mph

It is in my understanding that the 172 cup is the fastest (therefore bestest lol) in all stated above?

Thought id best know before embarrasing myself inront of another RS owner lol

:sleep: a gnats c**k in it mate dont start an argument, bottom line is the driver will more than likely be the deciding factor.

DC5

I thought today was going to be very boring. This thread could soon change all of that! :)

Yeah the 172 cup is the quickest! :devilish:

If youre after paper figures, then I think the quoted 0-62 times of the 172Cup, 182Cup and 182 trophy are all 6.9s. AFAIK the the 182 is 7.1, and the 172 is 7.4? Not counting MkI cars.

So in theory the 172Cup, 182Cup/Trophy are the same, but I think the 172Cup has the edge 0-100. Basically theyre all the same really.

The real question is does the Trophy out-gun the 172Cup? Oh yeah and the Trophy is 5kg lighter than the Cup (182) and has a better front end setup.

Lee

BMW M2C

I reckon Top Gear should take a look at this thread and address is on the Top Gear track with the Stig driving each car. lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

makes me laugh that people argue about .2 of a second. If Jon can own GT3s in his cup, it just goes to show that what car ur driving has little to do with it. all about the driver.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 23 June 2005

I reckon Top Gear should take a look at this thread and address is on the Top Gear track with the Stig driving each car. lol

lol! Now that sounds like a plan.. we should write to them..

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

The only way you could ever answer this is to have all the cars on the same day + rrd so the power matches the reno specs + have the same milage + have the same petrol + have the same tyres (make and tread) + have the same driver. Do about 10 runs in each and take the best time from each.

Peddled device

No....its quite simple to work out.

If the air-cons on it drains power.....the 172 Cup wins!

Fancy asking if a 172Cup can be beat......it won last weeks Le-mans!;)

I was talking paper specs, since thats the only real seperation in performance terms. I dont see anyone arguing over 0.2 of a second??? LOL when all you full fat 182 boys start larging it up with comments about driver weight and fuel. Nobody in this thread has seriously argued that any of the cars is faster than another?

Titanium ph1 turbo

Quote: Originally posted by littleone on 23 June 2005
clio 210 is the fastest

clio 211s are faster.

133/225/CLS AMG

One thing I have noticed is that different sources on paper actually say different things.

What is the quickest 0-60 actually timed in a standard Clio (172/182/Cup) doesnt matter which model coz as said its such a minimal difference.

Titanium ph1 turbo

I disagree, Ive been out in them all and the only one which provides true "back in seat" g-force is the 172 cup. The rest are slow and their owners are just bitter and twisted that the cheapest is the fastest.

only joking ;)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

But you all forgot they all have one thing in common!!!

Tyres is what wins and what do they all use;)