ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172'd Mk1 Cadwell Park Trackday Video inc. Melted Battery

Took the Mk1 over to Cadwell Park on Wednesday with a group of people from here, risked it by only taking slicks with the rain being on and off on the day. Only managed a few dry sessions before my month old Odyssey battery nearly exploded...

Lucky I came back in when I did or it could have been a different story. My ECU is fried also, all down to a new alternator being faulty :dapprove:

IMG_6109.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_9465.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

Now time to fix it again :dead:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ooooooohhh, stop it. Everytime i see your car, I want another mk1

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I want this car... I have an ECU aswell as that drive shaft ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Great vid mate, lovely smooth driving :)

i really do like you're car, such a well sorted package - battery aside lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Shame about the battery mate but the car looks brilliant.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Why did it nearly explode? *just read it was a faulty alternator* Nice quality on the video though too, I like

Yeah, it just needs a bit of tweaking when rendering next time round, along with recording in 1080p instead of 720p. Probably better sort the N/S driveshaft vibration too so there isnt any camera wobble!

BMW M5 & E36
Good video. Shame the problems cut your day short AGAIN! See what you mean about your vibration now too, lol.

The white bumpered mk1 shifts a wee bit

Hi. Car is pretty much exact same spec as f0xy's, just added multi-colouredness. On 20yr old Avon ditchfinders.

Probably being dim but what was that at 2:35? the thing that looked like it either locked up or dropped a pile of oil onto the exhaust.

Where did you get the alternator from?

It was new around 18 months ago, its actually an Espace diesel unit. It was fine up until a month ago when the bearing got noisy, so I took it to a local place who rebuilt the whole thing with a 12 month warranty. Fitted it and it was fine at Mallory etc, as I checked its output to see if it was charging OK after fitting it....

I see you finally got a new steering wheel :D

Yeah, no more bus wheel :)

Probably being dim but what was that at 2:35? the thing that looked like it either locked up or dropped a pile of oil onto the exhaust.

It was some sort of Ginetta...and yeah something came out of the exhaust, it was proper random

Clio.
Espace diesel altenator? Are they supposed to be spun by an engine at around 6-7000 rpm??:dead: Hehehe!
Great car though.
Matt@CRM

Espace diesel altenator? Are they supposed to be spun by an engine at around 6-7000 rpm??:dead: Hehehe!
Great car though.
Matt@CRM

Probably less, but I ruled that out after it was fine for like 18 months if not more.... Took it back and the guy confirmed the regulator was faulty, so had that swapped over. Also knocked together a small LCD volt meter to put in front of the clocks so I can turn off if I spot it going daft again!