ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172FF Inlet Removal/Refit

BMW M135i
May have a set of matched inlets to fit my the 172, only question is on the removal/refit of the lower manifold as the aux bracketry bolts into it in two places and while the bolts are removeable insitue from what I can see only the crossbrace to the block would be holding the alternator bracket.

The renault manual I have tells you to remove the aux belt obviously due to the bracket being unbolted for the most part, but is there another way to do it? as I don't really want to remove the aux belt due to them not supposed to be retensioned.

BMW M135i
Just remembered that the alternator is bolted at the bottom as well as the top so will the bracket move so I can't get the bolts back as the tension on the aux belt will pull it toward the block or will the crossbrace hold it for the time needed to swap the inlets.

BMW M135i
Thats about as vague as a vague thing and bloody useless. I think you can get away with it anyway tbh, you done yours yet?

titanic killer
Yeah very useless,not done mine yet as i need the car on saturday so will do them sunday

Renaultsport Clio 172

BM, the way to go is to un do the hydraulic mount and then with a jack elevate the engine, don't worry, it will go as high as needed so you can undo that side bolt with comfort. All others are easy to undo except for the one under the alluminum bracket between the engine and the radiator. Very little space there. I'd say it is most difficult one to undo.

Now, to take the lower inlet you will need a rubber hammer to slide it to the right and then do the same in reverse to put it in place again.

As a word of caution, when I did mine I had to grind a bit the most left boss so to refit it easily but... when we did my mate's, we managed to put it in place with the rubber hammer withou any grinding. You will need help as you slide the lower mani to hold the gastket in position as it requires a bit of force so that even if you use gasket glue the gasket will move.

That f...n bolt and refitting the lower mani are the bitches, but if you have someone to help I would say it is one hour time to make the swap, of course if you have it done before :approve:

FeelX and my self have done this ourselves, it is "easy" and no need to take it to a garage for this. I have, as he, done the match my self, but since you already have matched ones you will go a lot easier LOL