ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182/172 Insurance for a 19yr old

I expect the majority of you have fallen off your chairs with laughter and/or sprayed tea/coffee all over your monitor!! Anybody heard of a 19yr old getting insurance on a 172?
I willl have been driving for 2yrs, clean licence, 1 years NCB. I really wouldn't want to pay anymore than £1500 full comp, is this likely?

RB 182
for under 1500 i doubt it mate. I know there are some people on here under 20 though so god knows what they pay??

Turbos.
The only way i see you doing it is getting your mum/dad to do a policy where you're an additional driver.

I got insured for under a grand at 20, but then i had 3 years NCB too.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i took mine out at 19 ... £1200 with admiral ... funnily enough my renewal is through the roof but been shopping about and under a grand now.

CLS, RS MEG
I had a quote tonight on a 172 MK2, they wanted £2006 fully comp. I asked about an older MK1 172 third party fire and theft, they reduced it to £1300. Which isnt bad considering you can get one for £3000 ish. The excess for fully comprehensive was £1250! I’m 20, 1YNB and pass plus. Licence 3 years 3 months. However if i wait until Feb/ March, which is what 3 months away, i'll be 21, 2 YNB and the quote comes down to £600. I can't wait though!!! Think I’ll be putting mine up for sale very soon :)

Clio 172 mk2
i took mine out at 19 ... £1200 with admiral ... funnily enough my renewal is through the roof but been shopping about and under a grand now.

Admiral are very good until you get points then your screwed...poilcy goes up a lot:(

LY 200
The only way i see you doing it is getting your mum/dad to do a policy where you're an additional driver.
I want it legal really.

That will be legal but you wont get any further no claims this way.

Try Elephant and Admiral and put your mum/dad as named drivers on your policy. This will bring the cost down for you and wont affect your olds no cliams if you bin the car!!!

Thats how iv done it for the past 3 years. Without my old man on my policy i think they knocked 2/300 quid on.

Impreza P1
i'm 19 with a 182 and i pay £1900 with quin direct fully comp and i have no points and 2 yearss no claims bonus

Cheers for your help guys, best quote im getting is £1999.20 from elephant. Might just be cheaper to get some silver 2.0 badges for the 1.2........ just joking!

BMW M135i
How the hell do you get a quote like that, i'd be 19 with 2yr ncb and I still can't get it below £2.5k. £2k is the cutoff point for what i'd pay to drive a 172. £1400 and i'd snap their arm off.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ live in Aberdeen mate. Cheapest place in the UK for insurance apparently!

not sure why tho, it's like the fcukin ghetto!

BMW M135i
Thats what I can't get, my postcode is a GRP4 I think and its the nicest part of town ffs! (actually is too)
Where I used to live was way rougher and thats GRP3. Who comes up with these feckin ideas ?

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i'm 19 with a 182 and i pay £1900 with quin direct fully comp and i have no points and 2 yearss no claims bonus

hows that they told me a few times they wouldint insure me on one at 21 because i wasnt over 25.

RS Clio 200
norwich union wont insure you on a 172 until ure 25 - b******s let me go through the half hour on the phone giving all my details, then said in his barely understandable indian call centre voice "oh sorry sir, we cannot insure you on this car until you are 25"

slags

182 and 5 GTT
i was 19 when i got my policy out which was £1300 odd. Thats 2 years no claims and driving for 2 years with elephant. Got my renewal through today and its about the same, so going to be getting loads of quotes tomorrow.

Astra 1.8 SRi
Is it more expensive to get a Cup insured than a standard RS? I know its the same insurance group but maybe there more likely to crash..? But I'm 20 with 2years NCB, living in the lowest risk area rating and still can't find a quote under £2000! Is it better to ring insurance companies instead of the doing it online as my mate had a difference of £400 from ringing up the same people and doin it online.

im 19, 0ncd and pay 1300 on my 182

yeah, my own name, mum and dad on the policy, good postcode, 6000 miles.

Still cant see how you got that price? Im 20 1yr ncd, mum & dad on the policy, good postcode, paying £1150 on my ph1 172s, i cant get anywhere what your paying for a 182, its over 2k for me. When i had my ph2 172 at 19 it was £2300 with 0ncd, but only had it 3month as i cudnt justify paying it, so changed to a ph1 and it dropped to £1800 with 0ncd

106 xn independance
how the hell do you get it so low? i'm trying to buy a 172 but am stuck with my 106 1.1. i'm putting off getting my 172 for a few months cos i'd prefer lower insurance mainly cos i only pay £600 on my 106. but i'm getting some mad quotes on 172's

i'm 23 past my test over 2 years ago but have been driving since i was 17 (went to uni couldn't afford the lessons or my own car so stayed provisional and drove my dads car). i have 2 years no claims and live in one of the best areas of Leeds and keep my car in the garage only really go to work and back, i only do about 7000 miles a year. for gods sake i work in the traffic management department of leeds council i put in god dam speed limits and sh** and quotes i've got have been £2448 (elephant) to the lowest from my current one churchill £1148. think i'm being greedy holding out for a lower quote? and would me putting my mum and/or dad on lower the quote?

White Evo V
I have just turned 20 two weeks ago but at 19 with 1 years ncb and driving 2 years i payed £1300 third party fire and theft on my own policy. Im a spray painter and a panel beater though so if I crash i repair it, unless it aint my fault!! lol