ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Brakes issue..

Shhh
Tried to remove the rear calliper off the RHS of the car, using the method supplied by furby. Had issues with getting the bottom bolt out, its clearly will not pass the bar at the bottom. Can just about get a spanner on the thing, nevermind get a socket on it. Did not take a picture of it, but have one to illustrate.

Circled where the bolt goes, not enough space to turn the head on the bolt as it will clearly knock, damage the bar at the bottom. As i dont know what it does, or what the purpose of the split pin thingy on it unsure whetever to press on or seek advice.

Picture..

RearPads.gif

Clown Car
Well that locating clip looks as if it is holding in the sliding bar which secures the pads, just pull out clip, slide out bar and remove pads.

Edit - What about if you slide the sliding bar towards the outside of the caliper until the clip touches the caliper, or remove the clip aswell, will you have enough room then?.

Last edited:
  Shhh
The picture is a bad one really, looks like the bar hits the bolt head if i turn the bolt. Dont think the bars moved as it looks against the calliper on the outside edge. Got prob 2-3mm left on pads so not need changing, just could hear a noise like the pads had gone..

Think i need a true picture to illustrate the issue. Probably just me having issues with getting the pads out.

So whats the method for getting the pads out, i know you need to take the calliper thing off in the picture to reset the brake piston, but to get the pads out.? Tried removing the springs then getting them out, that failed too.. :(

Clown Car
The split pin stops the sliding bar from falling out, remove the split pin, then slide out the bar using pliers, then remove the pads, once the pads are out you should be able to wind in the piston without removing the caliper.

Shhh
So to get the pads out, i dont need to unbolt the damn thing.? I just remove the split pin thingy, then pull that bar out, or tap it out. Remove springs, and then slide pads out. Unbolt pad mount and then wind in piston into the calliper.?

Gotta drive to newquay on saturday from lincoln, rather have new pads in there so i can wear them in over the distance. Do need to put the disks on the front too, just need to see if i can borrow a T30 bit & adaptor from work, inc G clamp. Have everything else that is required me thinks..

:)

Guess i cant see all that with all the rust and stuff on the rear brakes.

Clown Car
AliasOmega said:
So to get the pads out, i dont need to unbolt the damn thing.? I just remove the split pin thingy, then pull that bar out, or tap it out. Remove springs, and then slide pads out. Unbolt pad mount and then wind in piston into the calliper.?

There is no need to remove the springs off the old pads and the new pads should be fitted with new springs, also there is no need to unbolt pad carrier unless you can not wind in piston.

Shhh
Left pad carrier in place, and wound piston in. Needed to swap springs over to new pads. Worked it out in the end though that split pin is vvank..

Could not get front LH Disk off for love nor money, so took a hammer too it. Ended up take the T40 bolts out, and putting car in gear with brakes on to break the seal on it. So ive swapped front LH disk, but the RH would not come on. Did not fancy hitting RH disk as issues with LH, but the drivey thing did not work either. Just gave new pads i fitted a nice new run in.

So fitted new pads all round, new NSF disk.