ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

182 Cup stripe thread (again!)

Racing Blue Cup - Stripes or no stripes?

• Keep stripes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • Remove stripes

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Peddled device
As l am now growing older and more mature (!) do you think that a 37 yo guy should have a car with stripes on and therefore should l remove them and has anyone else do this and did it leave the paintwork showing where the stripes had been...?

And should l have broken down the above question into several smaller ones ? ;)

RB 182 Cup
I did it last sunday! We just removed the stripes with some heat, there was glue left behind tar remover took care of that and a good polish and she looks better than ever :)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
get em off! will look a cleaner car without them. look naff if they dont go all the way down the bumper anyway (imo of course)

RB 182 Cup
I personally love mine more now I have taken the stripes off! She looks fatter and the the colour is now the main focus instead of the stripes

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Keep them on, be different, they must be rare by now.

182 Cup
As l am now growing older and more mature (!) do you think that a 37 yo guy should have a car with stripes on and therefore should l remove them and has anyone else do this and did it leave the paintwork showing where the stripes had been...?

And should l have broken down the above question into several smaller ones ? ;)

So easy to get em off mate, be prepared to give it a good polish after to get rid of the marks where the stripes were. You wont regret it, I certainly didnt!

I like the idea behind the stripes especially the Gordini heritage however there are too many cars out there which are over stripped -Suzuki Swift, Fiesta st etc, this lot cheapen the look of the 182.

Clio 172 mk2
Remove them

Far too many tw*ts driving around in K reg mondeos with lexus lights, jap style exhaust and 'racing stripes'

I know their a Renault heritage thing but most peoplw will see them as being naff

I used to really like them, but now I think it draws to much attention from the local chav intelligence.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I am 32 mine are on.

car was bought from reno with them....it is how it is meant to be and look.

mine were off for 6 months...felt like every other car on the road..bland!!

keep them on.

Agree with my man up top..
Brought my cup without them on and im getting them added on..
The edition of that car should have them on.
Without its looks bland

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
my sis has a racing blue 182 which did have strips on, i couldnt believe when i saw them been taken off but the car looks soo much fatter and betta without em as your attention is drawn to them so i'd have to say get em off