ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust mount and warranty question.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi,
I've had my 182 for 7 weeks and it's got a 3 month warranty on it. I've noticed a knock when going backwards and also slowly moving off from the back. Upon inspection my rear 2 mounts look shot, to the point where the the bar from the exhaust is almost touching the base of the mount. :evil:
Question, would you replace yourself or try and get the garage to do it? :)
The warranty covers "everything but brakes".
Cheers

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
its a 2 min job and you can either bodge it up with sockets around the rubber or buy a new cheapy one off ebay. more hassle than its worth getting the garage to do i imo. they'll probably make some bullsh*t excuse to get out of it anyway.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Get a bit of 20MM pipe or a socket and bung it under it mate. Ty-wrap through said pipe or socket and thats job done.

I think trying to claim and the garage will ***** on before telling you its wear and tear. IMO anyways.

Sam!

clio 182
I doubt it'll be covered on the warranty they'll put it down to ware and tare. they're dead easy to replace though, don't even need to jack the car up. I've just replaced both mounts on my 182 and found the best quality replacement from parkers cost £20 each. If you can get them on trade they're about £10.

Another thing to note, most parts shops only list a mount for the 172 but they're the same mount as the 182 despite the whole centre exist shinanigans :approve: hope this helps.