ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182, Heavy marring + serious swirling!! Sick bags at the ready!!

Follow the website look under gallery and testimonials, my car is the black/gold 182..

www.perfectcarcare.co.uk

I have spent the best part of the last couple of years using the cheap hand car washes £7 jobbies, and this im sure is the result of all that.....

Rob.

i thought my swirls were bad!!

The dude who did it said he had never seen anything as bad as that!!
To be honest I was a little unsure as to whether to show the photos, was quite ashamed I could let it get that bad!!!!

When I moved house a couple years back I found it hard to clean the car myself, not having the space/ facilities etc so was just running down the immigrant car wash. It always looked nice and clean after but f**k me if I knew it was doing that to the paint I would have never bothered!!

I now have full access to a double garage (shown in pic) and now the hose ban is lifted I can do it all myself again..

I cannot recommend this bloke enough, so professional with it all blew me away really. He will be coming back to do some more pc work and a wax top up soon as some swirls still remain. To be fair looking at the state of the paint in them photos I would never expect him to get at all out in one session...

Rob.

106 GTi
Some of the worst marring I have seen on Clio, great turnaround. Any idea on how much clearcoat he had to remove to correct them?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
wow, surely after the first few months you would have seen swirls.. let alone years lol.. one of my friends reckons its great paying £4 to get her new car "hand" washed at a local petrol station.. i'll be a sholder to cry on when the sun hits the paint lol

ST
Christ....what did you wash it with, a brillo pad??

Amazing turn around tho i've never seen anything like that on a clio!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Follow the website look under gallery and testimonials, my car is the black/gold 182..

www.perfectcarcare.co.uk

I have spent the best part of the last couple of years using the cheap hand car washes £7 jobbies, and this im sure is the result of all that.....

Rob.

Do you live in london? Ever been on Du Cane Road? Saw one just as bad as that on their about 6 months ago, still gives me nightmares.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
So you can polish a turd:rasp:
Only joking I love the black/gold, you better keep it like that though.

Clio 182 cup
That's an incredible result I must say. I'm possibly looking at giving them a call to do some light swirl removal of mine. Not much there but I don't have a PC and by hand I think it'd be too much.

Any ideas on a price for wash, machine polish, seal, wax from him? The costs on the site seem to cover either more or less than I want. Do they do tailored quotes?

If I get this done then I reckon maintaining it with the AG stuff I have by hand would leave great results.

Also can they use products that I generally use, i.e AG EGP, P21s wax, so that I can carry on after the work is done with the same products?

Cheers

Alan

Some of the worst marring I have seen on Clio, great turnaround. Any idea on how much clearcoat he had to remove to correct them?

Hi Rich before he actually started he was measuring the paint with one of those electronic gauges, the readings varied slightly across the paint, ranging from about 130 microns up to 150/160 ish.
In order to correct the paint, because the damage varied quite alot across the car, i think the least amount he took off was 2-3 microns but on the more worse areas like the spoiler where I had some deep scratching he had to take some 10 microns but mostly 5 microns across the car.

Lol, is it all called "microns" of paint, not really sure??

Rob.

That's an incredible result I must say. I'm possibly looking at giving them a call to do some light swirl removal of mine. Not much there but I don't have a PC and by hand I think it'd be too much.

Any ideas on a price for wash, machine polish, seal, wax from him? The costs on the site seem to cover either more or less than I want. Do they do tailored quotes?

If I get this done then I reckon maintaining it with the AG stuff I have by hand would leave great results.

Also can they use products that I generally use, i.e AG EGP, P21s wax, so that I can carry on after the work is done with the same products?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan, probably would be best to give him a call mate, speak to him and tell him what you want done, he uses some of the best products on the market, acheiving excellent results.
As you can see,there is know way this could have been done by hand so needed a professional touch really to get me started.
Ive been buying some products, cloths etc so I can maintain my car properly this time and so never to return to any car wash again.
I will be getting him to come and do my car some more in a couple of months, wash,wax etc.

Rob.

172 mk2 Iceberg
That is the biggest detailing change i have ever seen...

Amazing...

Some people just dont understand how to clean a car..
Best to do it your self I say

I know mate truely ashamed I let it get that bad. It got to the point where I didnt care anymore because it was so swirly, but wanted to keep the car clean so I just kept getting it washed every week. I have to admit that I didnt know that it was that bad until we had it under the artificial light, was truely horrified!!

Clio 182 cup
Cheers Rob, will probably give him a call in a couple of weeks (when I have some cash!) and see what he can do for me. My car's paintwork seems excellent to be honest, got a nice wet look and good gloss shine to it. Its just in a direct sunlight that you can see some light swirling. Bugs me so it'd be nice to get it removed.

Thanks again

Alan

What a transformation! Looks to be about 200 notes for the exclusive detail, good value for money in your case as you will get it back when you come to sell it.

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
Money well spent, you must be very pleased. Tempted myself, but I don't know what can be achieved with Inferno.

Clio Sport 172 02
Hi, Has anyone else used this guy, it looks real good I would be mega interested in doing this on my enwly purchased Clio 172 :eek:

What a transformation! Looks to be about 200 notes for the exclusive detail, good value for money in your case as you will get it back when you come to sell it.

It needed doing really least I can maintain it now and take extra special care when doing myself, no more car washes ever!!!!!!!!!!

Rob.