ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 itb`s, who do people prefer and make?

itb182, 621bhp scoob
Morning all, i really fancy a set of itb`s and as i live near norwich im wondering who people recommend for throttle bodies and which ones ie jenvey or atpower ones etc, ive searched before anyone comments on that but i want to know over time who`s been happy with which company as feeling towards certain companies do change, looks like i have dan at 519 or tour de force near me, any help please.

itb182, 621bhp scoob
what makes dan better than tdf out of interest as i thought they both have good reps? is it service or do peole prefer the jenveys over the at power itb`s.

itb182, 621bhp scoob
i dont know what they did to him without going through about a million pages lol, guessing it was bad?

53 Clio's & counting
Best speak to big ash mate but yeah it doesn't look particularly good!

I personally would use jenveys - I've had them on done of my clios and really like them - tried and tested, simple construction and very t reliable

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Maccy, its in his 180 odd page build thread, but basically they lied to him and told him they did work they didnt, and they lied to him and told him parts were one thing when they were something else.

I'd pick Jenveys over AT Power personally, and as its so simple to do, I would just recommend providing people know what a spanner does they crack on and DIY it instead of paying a company to do something so simple on their car.

What chip said

Jenvey's over AT Power every time
I bought my Jenvey kit 2nd hand it took less than 4 hours to strip all the old inlet stuff off, fit the jenveys, wire the omex in and start the car lol
I'd have a crack yourself it's fairly easy to fit, if you order a proper loom from omex for a clio they apparently plug straight in. There's plenty of people on here will give you a base map (I can if you need one - that's if you go omex 600 - there's other ecu's you could use) - just bundle up the old loom out the way to get you running

EDIT: Actually if you get one of the K-Tec ecu's they just plug in and you keep your standard loom, then all you'd need is a base map to get started (K-Tec would send you one) and drive it to get mapped

Jenvey kit + K-Tec ecu and a days work would have you on the road running easy enough

Lionel Richie
Emerlad is local to you Watton, Norfolk IP25 6DR

they're Jenvey re-sellers/mappers etc etc, give them a call for a quote

Evo
Only speaking from my personal experience TDF have done two of my clios ( 182 and 197 ) with AT throttle bodies and the conversion was perfect. Only ever get commented on the tidy installation and the performance of the kits is more than satisfying. From my opinion I wouldnt trust anyone by TDF and I'm very picky with my motors, they done all my work from tracking to a custom engine rebuild and been spot on everytime, always go the extra mile too.

Having said that I think they're moving on from road based stuff into full on motorsport so it's another thing whether they'll even take the work on, but can't speak on their behalf. It's also difficult to ignore the simplicity of jenveys and a Gen90 from a DIY point of view.

Evo 5 RS
Given where you are stick to 519. Dan is a seller of the Jenvey/KTR kit. I've personally had a decent experience with TDF in the past too. However firstly they only supply the AT kit which I don't recommend personally and also given recent events I'd have a hard time recommending them unfortunately.

Maccy, its in his 180 odd page build thread, but basically they lied to him and told him they did work they didnt, and they lied to him and told him parts were one thing when they were something else.

I'd pick Jenveys over AT Power personally, and as its so simple to do, I would just recommend providing people know what a spanner does they crack on and DIY it instead of paying a company to do something so simple on their car.

Do you know roughly what page the problem starts on? I'd love to have a read as I missed it :).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No idea, was a couple months ago now I guess, but there isnt much detail in there as James said he didnt want the thread to be a slanging match, so if you want really detailed accounts you wont find it.
Having spoken to him in person though, I'm gobsmacked at how badly he was treated :(

itb182, 621bhp scoob
cool cheers for the info guys, by the sounds of it i think i`ll be giving the jenveys a go, keep thinking about fitting it myself but still not made my mind up fully, does dan from 519 live map or is it a generic one from k tec?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Have a look on ktec site they have a fitting guide on the diy body kit. its incredibly easy to fit. Save yourself a few hundred on fitting and get more mapping time :)

iv been looking at the k-tec but due to the belts and dephaser need doing it looks like il have to make do with sum 438's for now lol

Have a look on ktec site they have a fitting guide on the diy body kit. its incredibly easy to fit. Save yourself a few hundred on fitting and get more mapping time :)

They have a full set of videos - even shows you how to balance them.
I watched the videos on a Friday night - and fitted the whole setup in 4hours on the Saturday lol

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
for the omex loom it is 2 wires that need joined into the standard loom for the crank signal, then 2 12v feeds and 1 earth.

That's half true - it's just the 2 TDC sensor wires that splice into the standard loom BUT you are left with all your old loom laying around the engine bay and the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree and an MOT failure

If I was buying from new I'd get a GEN90 - plug and play into the standard loom, the only connector you wouldn't use is the FBW connector - and the dash works as it should with no warning lights

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That's half true - it's just the 2 TDC sensor wires that splice into the standard loom BUT you are left with all your old loom laying around the engine bay and the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree and an MOT failure

If I was buying from new I'd get a GEN90 - plug and play into the standard loom, the only connector you wouldn't use is the FBW connector - and the dash works as it should with no warning lights

We normally just splice into the standard loom for the injectors as well and for the VVT and coilpack and also for the other sensors, all neat and tidy then.

On a phase 2 172 or 182 though it will put the dash light on cause of the ETB, on a phase 1 like my turbo it doesnt do so though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's a bit destructive that though - no way of going back to standard without putting a new engine loom in

Secondhand loom in good order is 100 quid or so tops IME, and like Dan says, its perfectly possible to just reconnect the wires you have cut anyway.

Generally though, I dont put cars back to standard once I have modified them, I tend to carry on modifying further if anything, and for that I would sooner have a good solid aftermarket ECU than one tied to the clio loom and sensors etc, like for example my mk1 I am intending to go honda engine later on, and when I do so I will just adapt the existing loom that I have built for the Autronic SM4 ecu it runs, and it will then run the Honda engine instead.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

this

and you do use the FBW connector, it's the MAP sensor plug you need to tuck out of the way

FBW/TPS connector ;)
423887_315761738477654_1086181991_n.jpg

Attachments

• 423887_315761738477654_1086181991_n.jpg
    423887_315761738477654_1086181991_n.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 115

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
so lets say u bolt on some jenveys with omex or gen90 and have it mapped, no other real mods other than exhaust, will you see a genuine 30bhp gain? i think if i was going down this route id get some 421 cams fitted as well for larger gains. or am i talking nonsense. :)