ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5
So after having serious problems with a miss fire under load and lots of flat spots and spending lots of money on new timing belts aux map sensor lambda sensor etc etc and it still not running right, i decided to start unplugging all these new sensors because why not!!!....what harm could it do considering i just spent close to 800 quidd on this french piece of s**t and its worse off now than how it was before. i got to the MAP sensor unhooked it and the car runs like a dream no problems no miss fires good mpg, pulls like the clappers and makes me smile again... i plug it back in again tonight to see if its still playing up and sure enough pop pop bang bang misfiring all the way through! any idea????

So after having serious problems with a miss fire under load and lots of flat spots and spending lots of money on new timing belts aux map sensor lambda sensor etc etc and it still not running right, i decided to start unplugging all these new sensors because why not!!!....what harm could it do considering i just spent close to 800 quidd on this french piece of s**t and its worse off now than how it was before. i got to the MAP sensor unhooked it and the car runs like a dream no problems no miss fires good mpg, pulls like the clappers and makes me smile again... i plug it back in again tonight to see if its still playing up and sure enough pop pop bang bang misfiring all the way through! any idea????
err map sensor buy any chance

dan's cast offs.
parts cannon.png

no offence to op.

Renault 5
my diagnostics said nearly every sensor was faulty and its a snap on diagnostics machine so it know what its one about. this car should run like crap with that unplugged! yet it runs better! and yes all parts are genuine renault parts

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
my diagnostics said nearly every sensor was faulty and its a snap on diagnostics machine so it know what its one about. this car should run like crap with that unplugged! yet it runs better! and yes all parts are genuine renault parts
If you need a working map senser let me know ill send you a used working 1 cheap mate

Snap on diagnostics tools on these cars are utter shite, one told me I had a rear wheel speed sensor fault when in fact it was a cpu failure (abs pump) when diagnosed using Clip.

Renault clio rs 200
A 3k snap diagnostics is s**t is it....
I think what people are trying to say is that yes the Snap-on diag is a good tool, but the fact remains that nothing knows a car better than the manufacturers diagnostic equipment.
I've been in the trade many years and used many scan tools, I have learned not to take anything that any of them say true. They generally just point you in the right direction and sometimes in the wrong direction.

If as you say your diagnostic told you that every sensor was faulty then that in its self is enough to cause me concern and worry about the authenticity of the errors.
Can I ask in what way you determined all of these faulty sensors? Error codes,live data, actuation?

Personally if I plugged a car in and it told me it had multiple sensor faults I would be looking at a wiring or ecu issue.

Unfortunately a lot of people that have these expensive tools and simply think it's a case of scan for codes and replace parts, this is not always the case!.
I own a stethoscope but that doesn't make me a brain surgeon.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
as said already I have a map sensor here £20 posted mate to get the part that causing you issues replaced there like £118 from reno

I cant help more than that

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I think what people are trying to say is that yes the Snap-on diag is a good tool, but the fact remains that nothing knows a car better than the manufacturers diagnostic equipment.
I've been in the trade many years and used many scan tools, I have learned not to take anything that any of them say true. They generally just point you in the right direction and sometimes in the wrong direction.

If as you say your diagnostic told you that every sensor was faulty then that in its self is enough to cause me concern and worry about the authenticity of the errors.
Can I ask in what way you determined all of these faulty sensors? Error codes,live data, actuation?

Personally if I plugged a car in and it told me it had multiple sensor faults I would be looking at a wiring or ecu issue.

Unfortunately a lot of people that have these expensive tools and simply think it's a case of scan for codes and replace parts, this is not always the case!.
I own a stethoscope but that doesn't make me a brain surgeon.
Great post :up:

172 Ph1
Funny posts [emoji2].

No mention of any fault codes or warning ⚠️ light comes on , I guess there is a warning ⚠️?
Also when you plug the sensor in , what's Mr Snap-on saying in actual values ?
Look [emoji102] there.
Also as suggested : if the car runs better on a default map [emoji901] I.E. disconnected
and runs crap with it on , then it points to the map sensor regardless if it's been changed or not . I've had plenty of new supplied parts fail over the years .

2003 Clio 172
To be fair.....the right tools (Clip) in the wrong hands (Renault) are just as garbage as cheap stuff IMO.

Lets not forget my "complete ABS ecu failure and 3 ABS sensor failure" diagnosed by Renault to the princely sum of £1800 quid.......................that was a broken wire.

Cut the guy a bit of slack.......Renault......its a "stressy" thing ;)

J