ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Mods

KTR 182 Sports Catalytic Converter
£ 287.88

KTR 182 Stainless Steel Exhaust
£ 346.63

Pipercross Viper Carbon Induction Kit
£ 246.75

Apex -40mm Lowering Springs
£ 78.05

Superchip ECU Upgrade
£ 293.75

Total
£1,253.06
Do these seem like a good list of mods for a 182? Anyone else got any other suggestions?

Ta, Andy

get the bmc filter not the pipercross, get an r-sport ecu rather than the superchip one (or an smt7 would be better) dont get the sports cat get a decat if you can get someone to fabricate one (wont be too difficult) and have eibach rather than apex springs

Dpends what you want.

Personnaly Id get the springs or maybe coilovers for the extra.

Then get the manifold work, panel filter and SMT6 remap. You dont need an SMT7 as the stock ignition is fine but it might help.

So thats

£500 remap from GDI

£150 manifold work (I think thats the price)

Cams maybe instead of a noisy exhaust/IK. (~£350)

But then again Im not a fan of noist cars I like almost silent running.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Good thread. I want to go for some of those mods, definaltely the BMC IK...not sure which exhaust yet- K-tec or Prospeed. Also undecided when it comes to lowering....the car does look a little high and the apex springs seem to sort that out fairly well (see mikes car i think it was) .

Difference between those and eibach is the obvious lowering amount and that apex are linear where as the eibachs are progressively wound resulting in them being more forgiving when it comes to road imperfections and normal driving. I shall probably go for the apex ones and put up with the stiffer ride.

Where can i find info on the renault sport products and the other ecu upgrades, do GDI have a web site? cheers

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

we do have a site gary, but its off line at present.

I would go for Pro-Speed.... quality and fit will be the best around....

for midrange punch on the 182

cams

zorst

bmc / viper / panel filter

smt6 to sort fueling

will boost the power for overtaking etc

Andy

GDI

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Cheers Andy, Pro-speed isnt far from me as im in Bristol most of the time. Where abouts are you based? Can you supply and fit cams and the smt6? A quote would be good please mate.

IMO the best money spent on mods is usually on the driver.

Once youve got that in progress, then think about the car.

As asked above - what is it you want from the mods?

Realistically, I cant see the kind of mods youve listed (bar the suspension) making a great deal of difference in the real world.

Id be interested in any before and after (preferably incremental) dyno / RR (respected) charts. Anyone done this?

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 11 September 2004

IMO the best money spent on mods is usually on the driver.

Once youve got that in progress, then think about the car.

As asked above - what is it you want from the mods?

Realistically, I cant see the kind of mods youve listed (bar the suspension) making a great deal of difference in the real world.

Id be interested in any before and after (preferably incremental) dyno / RR (respected) charts. Anyone done this?

I agree with ^^^

Quote: Originally posted by 182woo on 11 September 2004

how much does the chip take it to
A remap will not make much more power it will help smooth the delivers but thats about all.

Only when you modify the engine or its breathing ie exhaust IK and allow the engine to draw more air into it that the remap shows it value as it injectors more fuel to get you the more power and to remove the risk of runnignlean which can destroy your engine (you have to do a fair bit of work but it can happen on cars with loads of bits and no increase in fueling).

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

hense the cams being needed to make the best of it... remap on its own will not make gains really.... well ones that you would want to shout about.. it will smooth the drive out though...

Andy

GDI

Quote: Originally posted by msa172mk1 on 12 September 2004

Anyone thought of NOZ!!
Not a full time mod.

But easy power none the less Mike of here has it. I think on his 172 and there are a few other members with it.

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 12 September 2004

What is NOZ?
Heard of NOS but not NOZ..is that the austrailian version of NOS?
I assume he is on about NOS

NOS is the company famous for selling the kits. The gas it uses is N2O and to be true you should call it N20 but NOS being the famous company people usually call it that even though they have another manurfacturers setup.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I like the angle on the new KT 182 exhausts but i think they look a little 2 big on the second piccy! (or is it just me) maybe 3" would have been better.