ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Rear Spoiler Rattle.

Mercedes SLK350
For some time now I have had a rattle coming from the rear of my car.

Today I got someone to agitate the rear spoiler whilst I sat in the car, bingo, this I what has been doing my head in for so long.

Does anybody know where I can get some single sided sticky foam tape to cushion the spoiler? I would prefer the tape to be about 25mm wide, so if I don't cure the rattle, I will tape my ears up.

Impreza WRX
hi mate, i think you should get some number plate sticky pads from halfords!!
Ideal mate, cheap, ultra strong, can't beat them!!
Hope It works mate, i know when theres a noise in the car it does your head in, my parcl shelf squeals all the time, can't shut it up lol

Mercedes SLK350
Number plate sticky pads will be double sided though.

I thought it was my parcel shelf which was providing the rattle, such relief to finally nail the cause.

Mercedes SLK350
just leave on side of the plastic-y tape on then so only one side sticks...

Yeah.....never thought of that. :S

I went to a d.i.y. shop and bought door and window draught seal. It comes on a roll and is sticky on one side.

It is made of rubber and has an "E" cross section, it is used to fill gaps between 3mm and 5mm.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
that would work as well, dunno if it'll be too thick though, if needs be, i'm sure those number plate sticky squares would do the trick.

Same logic as with double sided tape, but slightly more girth to em.....