ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Recarro seat pack + pre-telephone

Im just about to order my Clio 182 with both Cup packs and was wondering what forum members thought of the recarro seat option @ £550.

The only pictures Ive seen look good, but I was wondering what they are like to live with especially over long distances? My dealer had four 182s in stock but none with Recarros.

Any pics of the rear seats in Graphic Night upholstery?

Also what exactly do you get with the Pre-telephone option, I asked my dealer but they werent sure?

Matt

[Edited by 7MAT on 02 June 2005 at 6:02pm]

P

peterh2

I wouldn’t go for the recarros as you have to put up with a really cheap looking rear bench seat. The standard seats are smart, comfortable and supportive anyway!

Alternatively, the front seats are one of the few things that most people and all the press have issues with, being given a warranty covered pro-fitted option is a blessing. For the loss of some standard rear seats (not sure about you but I couldnt give a damn about them) they are more than worth it, especially as they bring you down an inch or two (standard seats are too high, especially for a 6fter like me)

Quote: Originally posted by peterh2 on 02 June 2005

I wouldn’t go for the recarros as you have to put up with a really cheap looking rear bench seat. The standard seats are smart, comfortable and supportive anyway!
Get the Recaros and strip out the rear? :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 02 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by peterh2 on 02 June 2005

Get the Recaros and strip out the rear? :devilish:
Exactly, why buy a light fast car then weigh the damn thing down with more than one passenger!?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 02 June 2005
Alternatively, the front seats are one of the few things that most people and all the press have issues with, being given a warranty covered pro-fitted option is a blessing. For the loss of some standard rear seats (not sure about you but I couldnt give a damn about them) they are more than worth it, especially as they bring you down an inch or two (standard seats are too high, especially for a 6fter like me)

they are only one centimeter lower.

get the Recaros no question - I believe pre-telephone kit is just a wiring loom, making it cheaper to install a Renault hands-free kit?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The rear seat/bench/thing is gash

Lets down the front really.If you order a full fat clio you should still get the leather in the back.

Id be afraid of this option due to returning to my car and finding someone selling the big issue on the back seat.Very poor

ian

Quote: Originally posted by Danny... on 03 June 2005

How much would 2 of them front seats cost? (just taken delivery of my 182 and did not fancy the dynamic rears!)
iirc over 1k for the pair:eek: & then you have to fit them!

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

Ive just taken delivery of my 182 cup and I ticked the Recaro box, the seats look and feel the bizz even on long distances. :D

The rear bench is a bit of a let down but its a cup and im not gonna be sitting in the back!!

An orange one

jeez you 182 cuppy recarod half luxury people would be lost in a 172 cup! get the recaros and sod the bloody rear seat!

goes like stink on a b-road isnt that what its all about? if you want comfort get a golf diesel!

I got the Recaros with mine and theyre the dogs. Much more comfortable and supportive than the standard seats, which was the main critisism I had when I test drove. They may only be 1 centimetre lower but it feels more. And sod the rear bench seat, who cares?!?! I sit in the front when I drive and my comfort is more important that the look of the back seat or the comfort of any rear passengers, who will be more concerned about the lack of legroom anyway than the fact that it looks cheap and nasty...!

As for pre telephone equipment, my dealer told me not to bother as it was only a loom. He also said that if you had a car kit installed by anyone other than a dealer theyd probably rip it out anyway!!!

Clio 200 Cup packed

Quote: Originally posted by ColinG on 06 June 2005

goes like stink on a b-road isnt that what its all about? if you want comfort get a golf diesel!

no, thats not what its all about! maybe it is to you, but different people have different needs...

why the f**k would ya want a golf diesel!

Pre-tel includes the wiring and utlisation of the exisiting speakers and aerial. On top of this option youll need the the bracket and the specific holder for your phone.